He was the oldest groom in the reality dating series so far, but all John Robertson, 55, wanted on Married At First Sight Australia was a chance at real love.
Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be for the father-of-two who left the series early last season after his TV wife Debbie, 53, called it quits before the marriage had barely begun.
Despite the quickie (fake) marriage, the laidback larrikin captured the hearts of viewers and now it seemed he's been given a third chance at love – he's back for round two of Married At First Sight!
"They asked me back," John tells TV WEEK. "I thought 'why not?'. I still haven't found love. I had a good experience last time even though me and Deb didn't work out so I thought I might as well give it another shot."
And the reason John and Deb didn't work out was far beyond John's control.
You see, yoga-loving Deb was determined to have a husband that was of Polynesian descent. John couldn't change that but he has had a lot of fun with it.
"It's a great conversation starter," John laughs. "People always come up to me and say 'oh you're not Polynesian'."
So, will he be matched with someone who's actually compatible? (We're looking at you, relationship experts.)
"I wanted chemistry," John says of his hopes this season. "I don't have a type. They can be blonde, brunette, whatever, they've gotta be shorter than me. I like a nice easy, fun filled life so someone laid back, I don't want someone who is bossy or nagging."
Since the show ended last year, John has been quite the popular man. He had to field off a bevy of date offers from fans and admirers. Speaking to A Current Affair last year, he said: "[Channel Nine] portrayed me well, I'm not getting any flack, they've been amazing. I just couldn't believe that happens actually."
Here's hoping John finds the perfect match! Married At First Sight returns to New Zealand screens on February 5th.
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveToday 1:45pm
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight's Bronson breaks his silence on THAT comment to Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 3:36pm
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveYesterday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveYesterday 11:19am
- Married at First SightThe truth about MAFS' Sam Ball's honeymoon vanishing act - his ex-girlfriend speaks out
Now To LoveYesterday 11:10am
- RoyalsWhy Prince William and Duchess Catherine will be taking a break from their royal duties this week
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019