He was the oldest groom in the reality dating series so far, but all John Robertson, 55, wanted on Married At First Sight Australia was a chance at real love.
Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be for the father-of-two who left the series early last season after his TV wife Debbie, 53, called it quits before the marriage had barely begun.
Despite the quickie (fake) marriage, the laidback larrikin captured the hearts of viewers and now it seemed he's been given a third chance at love – he's back for round two of Married At First Sight!
"They asked me back," John tells TV WEEK. "I thought 'why not?'. I still haven't found love. I had a good experience last time even though me and Deb didn't work out so I thought I might as well give it another shot."
And the reason John and Deb didn't work out was far beyond John's control.
You see, yoga-loving Deb was determined to have a husband that was of Polynesian descent. John couldn't change that but he has had a lot of fun with it.
"It's a great conversation starter," John laughs. "People always come up to me and say 'oh you're not Polynesian'."
So, will he be matched with someone who's actually compatible? (We're looking at you, relationship experts.)
"I wanted chemistry," John says of his hopes this season. "I don't have a type. They can be blonde, brunette, whatever, they've gotta be shorter than me. I like a nice easy, fun filled life so someone laid back, I don't want someone who is bossy or nagging."
Since the show ended last year, John has been quite the popular man. He had to field off a bevy of date offers from fans and admirers. Speaking to A Current Affair last year, he said: "[Channel Nine] portrayed me well, I'm not getting any flack, they've been amazing. I just couldn't believe that happens actually."
Here's hoping John finds the perfect match! Married At First Sight returns to New Zealand screens on February 5th.
- At homeHow clean, green living can start with small day-to-day changes in the kitchen
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- TVLaura Daniel and her DWTS partner Shae Mountain get matching tattoos
Now To LoveToday 10:41am
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveYesterday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 8:05am
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveJun 25, 2019