Three have announced that worldwide smash hit Love Island will be coming to New Zealand.
"Love Island takes the concept of 'appointment viewing' to a whole new level and has been smashing records on air along with creating unprecedented social media hype and audience engagement," says MediaWorks Chief Content Officer, Andrew Szusterman.
"This show really is redefining the traditional television landscape, the likes of which New Zealand has not seen before."
Love Island UK became the most talked about TV series on Twitter last year, with a total of 6.3 million tweets and 18 million likes.
TVNZ's Heartbreak Island, which debuted on our screens last year and is currently in its second season, is a similar format to Love Island. But unlike Heartbreak Island, in which the couples compete for the cash, viewers decide the fate of Love Island couples.
But it's not that straightforward. One is given the chance to share the money or walk away with it all for themselves. All's fair in love and war, right?
In the months leading up to the debut of the New Zealand show, Three will be screening the full 2019 seasons of Love Island US, UK and Australia.
- RoyalsKiwi royal Gary Lewis has split from Lady Davina Windsor
Now To LoveToday 8:45am
- Pregnancy & BirthShortland Street star Laurel Devenie's perfectly-timed pregnancy
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Melissa is on the hunt for a Kiwi bachelor
Woman's DayToday 8:20am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's first appearance after her maternity leave has been revealed
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- Married at First SightDevastating news as MAFS' Nic reveals his cancer has returned
Now To LoveYesterday 11:28am
- FamilyKatie Holmes and her daughter Suri bond with women and children at a refugee camp in Greece
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on the importance of being a role model for your children
Woman's DayYesterday 10:30am
- BodyMeet Caleb Wright - the 12-year-old brain cancer sufferer bringing laughter to other sick kids
Woman's DayYesterday 8:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Tamara and Mick get cosy off screen
Now To LoveYesterday 8:33am
- Mind4 reasons why embracing boredom could change your life for the better
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Diet & Nutrition'I Quit Sugar' author Sarah Wilson talks diet, anxiety and going back-to-basics
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow this woman came up with a way to help women struggling with PCOS take control
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:45am
- BodyHow to understand your body clock for the best quality sleep
Good Health ChoicesMar 24, 2019