After 11 years together, Lisa Ridout and Chris "Ribz" Gordon finally tied the knot in December last year. But instead of heading off on a romantic holiday together, the pair from the capital city signed up for a reality show!
"The Block is our honeymoon!" laughs Lisa.
While living on a construction site trying to renovate an apartment in 12 weeks isn't quite the post-wedding experience she initially had in mind, Lisa, 37, has plans to use her winnings for an overseas trip with her hubby – and have a boob job while she's at it!
"We'll go to Thailand for our honeymoon," she confesses. "Once I get my boobs done, we'll have a nice little romantic dinner and some fun times with the new toys! I've had three children, so I'd like to get myself a new pair."
The outgoing, pink-haired mum isn't afraid to say what's on her mind, which her partner Ribz, 34, adores, but he admits not all the teams may be so keen.
"I'm very chilled, but Lisa is the opposite," he explains. "She has no filter and has a bit of an OCD tendency – it can be annoying, but I love it!"
Lisa adds, "I'm not going to be the drama on the show – I just speak my mind. But if you want to call that drama, you can take it."
- FamilySamantha Hayes' baby Marlow joins her on the newsdesk and all we can say is awww!
Now To LoveToday 6:40pm
- RoyalsThe Sun's executive editor Kiwi Dan Wootton on his royal scoops and tabloid career
Now To LoveToday 2:45pm
- BodyWhy we should all be exercising our pelvic floor muscles every day
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry asks to simply be called ‘Harry’ during his first engagement since moving to Canada
Now To LoveYesterday 11:50am
- RoyalsThere has been a coronavirus scare at Prince George and Princess Charlotte’s school in London
Now To LoveYesterday 10:05am
- WeddingsHappily ever after: Meet the Kiwi bride who has married herself
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:21am
- FamilyShe was my escape: Taylor Swift's heartbreak over her mum's health scare
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- WeddingsRebekah Palmer's dreamy summer wedding was a day full of surprises
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am