After 11 years together, Lisa Ridout and Chris "Ribz" Gordon finally tied the knot in December last year. But instead of heading off on a romantic holiday together, the pair from the capital city signed up for a reality show!
"The Block is our honeymoon!" laughs Lisa.
While living on a construction site trying to renovate an apartment in 12 weeks isn't quite the post-wedding experience she initially had in mind, Lisa, 37, has plans to use her winnings for an overseas trip with her hubby – and have a boob job while she's at it!
"We'll go to Thailand for our honeymoon," she confesses. "Once I get my boobs done, we'll have a nice little romantic dinner and some fun times with the new toys! I've had three children, so I'd like to get myself a new pair."
The outgoing, pink-haired mum isn't afraid to say what's on her mind, which her partner Ribz, 34, adores, but he admits not all the teams may be so keen.
"I'm very chilled, but Lisa is the opposite," he explains. "She has no filter and has a bit of an OCD tendency – it can be annoying, but I love it!"
Lisa adds, "I'm not going to be the drama on the show – I just speak my mind. But if you want to call that drama, you can take it."
- Real LifeKiwi Mum's adventure: From America's Cup to Africa's Hero!
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Food & DrinksIf you love Scandi-style interiors then this latest kitchen trend is for you
Now To LoveJun 22, 2021
- TVThe Apprentice NZ's Kennedy Anderson: 'I was fired from my own company!'
Woman's DayJun 17, 2021
- Celebrity NewsMark Richardson on turning 50 and making his mark on the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 13, 2021
- TVDrag Race Down Under’s Elektra Shock: From homeless to healed
Woman's DayJun 12, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSuzanne Paul's forever glow and the lessons she's learned
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 05, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's transformation: Jules from MAFS changed my life!'
Woman's DayJun 04, 2021
- At homeHow to create a kids room that will last through the ages
Now To LoveJun 03, 2021