During Fashion Police's Oscars red carpet episode, Kelly's fellow co-host Giuliana made the comment that Disney starlet Zendaya's dreadlocks looked like they smelled of "patchouli" and "weed".
Her comments drew widespread criticism, with Zendaya herself even penning a heartfelt reply. Giuliana has since apologised publicly for the remark, but it looks like that wasn't enough for Kelly, who has officially quit Fashion Police after five years with the show.
The news won't come as a surprise to anyone following Kelly on Twitter, as the outspoken 30-year-old made no secret of her discomfort with Giuliana's talk.
Kelly's mum Sharon Osbourne has come out in support of her daughter's decision, tweeting her own message after the news broke:
- RoyalsThe Royal Family's birthday message for Prince Andrew has been met with controversy
Now To LoveToday 4:25pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry have confirmed more details about their future
Now To LoveToday 10:15am
- Real LifeThe 2011 Christchurch earthquake struck the day after my birthday and changed my life forever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:27am
- CompetitionsWin a brilliant Banana Boat prize pack worth $100!
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:00am
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight bride Mishel Meshes gives Queenstown, New Zealand the big tick
Now To LoveYesterday 2:26pm
- RoyalsThe Queen tells Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan they must ditch their ‘Sussex Royal’ brand
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsPrincess Diana’s niece Lady Kitty Spencer is converting to Judaism for her fiancé
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2020
- CareerSt Matthew-in-the-City's first female vicar Reverend Dr Helen Jacobi lets us into her world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 18, 2020