We were all excited for the return of Jude Dobson to our screens when she was announced as one of the stars on this season of Dancing With The Stars - and equally as devastated when the 5.30 With Jude host was the first to be eliminated from the show last week.
There were tears backstage, afterwards, she has revealed - and many of them from her fellow contestants. The hours that the cast and crew put in to each show mean that they quickly become 'family', and some bonds remain long after the winner is announced and the stage set has been dismantled.
Jude has been philosophical about her departure, saying it "would have been nice to last a little longer" but that the "writing was on the wall" after getting the second lowest score in week one.
In this video interview, which we shot with Jude just days before her shock elimination, Jude touched on her fear of being the first to be eliminated.
She also talked about some of the challenges she faced - the biggest being "surrendering control" to her dance partner, Matt - as well as her intention to dance for "all the middle-aged women" out there.
While she may not have been able to do that for as long as she had hoped, she at least did it her way - with dignity, style and grace.
For more great videos check out our Youtube channel.
- BodyHayley Holt opens up about how sobriety has made her braver and stronger
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019