We were all excited for the return of Jude Dobson to our screens when she was announced as one of the stars on this season of Dancing With The Stars - and equally as devastated when the 5.30 With Jude host was the first to be eliminated from the show last week.
There were tears backstage, afterwards, she has revealed - and many of them from her fellow contestants. The hours that the cast and crew put in to each show mean that they quickly become 'family', and some bonds remain long after the winner is announced and the stage set has been dismantled.
Jude has been philosophical about her departure, saying it "would have been nice to last a little longer" but that the "writing was on the wall" after getting the second lowest score in week one.
In this video interview, which we shot with Jude just days before her shock elimination, Jude touched on her fear of being the first to be eliminated.
She also talked about some of the challenges she faced - the biggest being "surrendering control" to her dance partner, Matt - as well as her intention to dance for "all the middle-aged women" out there.
While she may not have been able to do that for as long as she had hoped, she at least did it her way - with dignity, style and grace.
For more great videos check out our Youtube channel.
- RelationshipsThe incredible love story of this Kiwi soldier and his Slovenian heroine, who met through a barbed wire fence at a POW camp
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionFibre 101: Everything you need to know about this essential dietary component
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- RoyalsWhy the Queen allowed Duchess Catherine to break protocol and kiss her in public
Now To LoveYesterday 3:18pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie’s latest outfit has a sweet connection to her royal wedding last year
Now To LoveYesterday 11:45am
- Real LifeA Christchurch surgeon describes what it was like to be working on the day of the mosque attacks
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- RoyalsSee the vibrant flower that's been named after Baby Archie
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthNewshub's Melissa Davies is pregnant with her first child
Now To LoveYesterday 9:08am
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveMay 23, 2019
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveMay 23, 2019
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMay 23, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesMay 23, 2019