While the highly anticipated third season of The Crown is yet to air, it has been reported that X-Files actress Gillian Anderson has been cast as Margaret Thatcher for season four of the hit Netflix series.
While the shows' producers are keeping tight-lipped about what viewers can expect from the upcoming third season, it's evident that the series will jump forward in time to the sixties, after it has previously been confirmed that Claire Foy and Matt Smith, who played Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip respectively, will be replaced with Olivia Colman and Tobias Menzies.
It's been reported season three will cover the years 1963 to 1976 with former prime minister Harold Wilson, played by Jason Watkins, to be heavily featured.
If the speculation rings true, fans of Gillian will have to wait at least a year to see the actress play the controversial prime minister, but as The Guardian reports, it will be interesting to see how the show portrays the relationship between the Queen and the Iron Lady, as there has been a great deal written about the strained relationship between the two.
Margaret Thatcher's biographer Charles Moore has described the former prime minister as being "almost paralysingly correct" about her relationship with the monarch and anxious during the audiences.
Arguably best known for her role as FBI agent Dana Scully from The X-Files, Gillian currently stars in the new hit Netflix series Sex Education, as a sex therapist and mother of the lead character, high school student Otis.
Additional new faces we're excited to see in season three include Helena Bonham Carter who will take over the role as Princess Margaret from Vanessa Kirby, Ben Daniels who will play Margaret's husband Antony Armstrong-Jones and Josh O'Connor who will portray Prince Charles.
In an interview with Jimmy Fallon, Claire Foy talked up the new cast saying, "You'll forget all about me and the rest of the cast. You'll be like, 'Who are they?'"
"We're the warm-up act."
WATCH: Claire Foy talks to Jimmy about new cast of The Crown.
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019