While the highly anticipated third season of The Crown is yet to air, it has been reported that X-Files actress Gillian Anderson has been cast as Margaret Thatcher for season four of the hit Netflix series.
While the shows' producers are keeping tight-lipped about what viewers can expect from the upcoming third season, it's evident that the series will jump forward in time to the sixties, after it has previously been confirmed that Claire Foy and Matt Smith, who played Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip respectively, will be replaced with Olivia Colman and Tobias Menzies.
It's been reported season three will cover the years 1963 to 1976 with former prime minister Harold Wilson, played by Jason Watkins, to be heavily featured.
If the speculation rings true, fans of Gillian will have to wait at least a year to see the actress play the controversial prime minister, but as The Guardian reports, it will be interesting to see how the show portrays the relationship between the Queen and the Iron Lady, as there has been a great deal written about the strained relationship between the two.
Margaret Thatcher's biographer Charles Moore has described the former prime minister as being "almost paralysingly correct" about her relationship with the monarch and anxious during the audiences.
Arguably best known for her role as FBI agent Dana Scully from The X-Files, Gillian currently stars in the new hit Netflix series Sex Education, as a sex therapist and mother of the lead character, high school student Otis.
Additional new faces we're excited to see in season three include Helena Bonham Carter who will take over the role as Princess Margaret from Vanessa Kirby, Ben Daniels who will play Margaret's husband Antony Armstrong-Jones and Josh O'Connor who will portray Prince Charles.
In an interview with Jimmy Fallon, Claire Foy talked up the new cast saying, "You'll forget all about me and the rest of the cast. You'll be like, 'Who are they?'"
"We're the warm-up act."
WATCH: Claire Foy talks to Jimmy about new cast of The Crown.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019