After last week's zero eliminations, Monday night's episode of Dancing with the Stars saw the very first couple go home.
Before the results were announced, Simon Barnett performed an encore of his top-scoring tango with partner Vanessa Cole - despite dislocating his knee the first time around!
After that, Italian singer Patrizio Buanne performed his song 'Surrender' on the show, before host Dominic Bowden revealed which of the celebrities were safe.
Jay-Jay Harvey, Simon Barnett, Chrystal Chenery, Siobhan Marshall, Shane Cameron, Teuila Blakely, Colin Mathura-Jeffree and Pam Corkery were all confirmed to be through to next week, leaving Ben Barrington and Maz Quinn in the bottom two.
In the end, it was pro surfer Maz and his partner Caryn Lim who were the first to be eliminated in this season of Dancing with the Stars.
Although understandably disappointed by being the first to go, Maz said he "gave it a crack" and today, he took to Instagram to thank Caryn for the experience.
"Not the way I wanted it to end. To be honest was pretty gutted but I've had such a blast. What a journey it's been," he captioned a photo of himself and Caryn on the dancefloor.
With the first elimination of the series, the competition just got a whole lot tougher! The remaining teams will battle it out again when Dancing with the Stars returns on Sunday at 7pm.
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021