Dancing With The Stars contestant Jess Quinn was just nine years old when she was diagnosed with cancer. She underwent groundbreaking surgery to remove her leg and save her life. Now, the 25-year-old Kiwi beauty has recently been signed to Natural Models in Los Angeles.
"It's really exciting. Modelling was never something I planned to do but to be able to be a part of a conversation of diversity in an industry that is known for having certain beauty ideals is something I'm really excited about," she told the Weekend Herald.
The agency focuses on letting models be "happy and healthy" and is owned by a former plus sized model, Katie Wilcox.
Quinn is also a social media influencer, with 168k followers on Instagram.
Quinn says she plans to stay active on social media, but would also like to focus on motivational speaking.
"I just want to keep telling my story and sharing the things I'm passionate about in as many ways as I can. I'm going to continue doing social media and modelling but I would like to have a huge focus on speaking."
Quinn will begin her new modelling career once the show is finished.
She and her dance partner Jonny Williams are one of the favourites to take out the title.
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019