Dancing With The Stars contestant Jess Quinn was just nine years old when she was diagnosed with cancer. She underwent groundbreaking surgery to remove her leg and save her life. Now, the 25-year-old Kiwi beauty has recently been signed to Natural Models in Los Angeles.
"It's really exciting. Modelling was never something I planned to do but to be able to be a part of a conversation of diversity in an industry that is known for having certain beauty ideals is something I'm really excited about," she told the Weekend Herald.
The agency focuses on letting models be "happy and healthy" and is owned by a former plus sized model, Katie Wilcox.
Quinn is also a social media influencer, with 168k followers on Instagram.
Quinn says she plans to stay active on social media, but would also like to focus on motivational speaking.
"I just want to keep telling my story and sharing the things I'm passionate about in as many ways as I can. I'm going to continue doing social media and modelling but I would like to have a huge focus on speaking."
Quinn will begin her new modelling career once the show is finished.
She and her dance partner Jonny Williams are one of the favourites to take out the title.
- RoyalsThe first official joint portrait of Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge has been unveiled
Now To LoveYesterday 11:50am
- TVMasterChef NZ Rudi Hefer: 'How cooking saved my life'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 25, 2022
- BodyKristiana's secret struggle: 'All the pain was worth it'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 24, 2022
- Celebrity NewsMatthew and Chloe Ridge: 'We have to put our kids first'
Woman's DayJun 23, 2022
- TVMasterChef NZ's Sam reveals: 'coming out made me a better cook'
Woman's DayJun 22, 2022
- TVMasterChef NZ's Lance Maynell reveals how he came back from rock bottom
Woman's DayJun 17, 2022