There was only one thing that stood out in last night's episode of Dancing With The Stars. It wasn't Zac's amazing lifts, Jess' strange fringed outfit or the incredible exhibition dance put on by judges Julz Tocker and Rachel White. It was the overuse of fake tan.
Much like bodybuilders, dancers need to be tanned to look good on stage - and even more so on TV screens. But last night they went a touch too far. And when we say a touch - we mean completely overboard.
The tanning salon (Tan in the City in case you were wondering) even got a mention in the end credits, that's how prominently the show relies on them. But we can't help but wonder if something went wrong in this case.
If you think we're exaggerating, take a look at these pictures below comparing Chris Harris and his dance partner Vanessa in episode one to last night's episode.
Sporting a fake tan that would rival the king of orange Donald Trump himself, Chris danced his way to the top of the leader board. But he might want to dance his way into the closest pharmacy and pick up an exfoliating kit to dumb that orange down.
Selenz Gomez was ripped to shreds on social media last week following her disastrous Met Gala appearance and we can't figure out if the tanning team were inspired by this, or if they simply went a touch too dark with the tan. Maybe they selected 'burnt orange' instead of 'healthy summer glow.'
Before you think we're picking on Chris, we're not. Because every single member of cast suffered to varying degrees, from the presenters to the dancers to the judges.
Take, for example, judge Julz Tocker. He performed an incredible dance with fellow judge Rachel White. But the ridiculous tan threatened to overshadow the whole performance.
There's no doubt Julz has a great body (he's single, ladies) but judging by the dark creases on his torso, it looked suspiciously like they'd 'enhanced' those abs with some contouring.
You can watch the full performance below. Post continues after video.
Poor Zac Franich had the misfortune of being dressed in orange - just to bring out the colour of his face even more.
And even the lovely porcelain skinned Sam Hayes wasn't spared.
You know what it's like, girls, most of us probably have a fake tan disaster story or two to share. So here are our five tips to getting a great fake tan. Perhaps the team at Dancing With the Stars might like to have a read too.
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019