Ryan's emotional leaving scene when he left the show in June 2016.
Ryan Thomas - famous for playing Jason Grimshaw on Coronation Street – is coming Down Under for a new role on Neighbours.
The former Coronation Street star, who ended his role as Jason in June last year, will be heading to Erinsborough to play a new character by the name of Raphael.
A source told The Mirror: “Ryan’s news may come as a bit of a surprise but people are confident he’ll make a big splash on Neighbours.
“He’ll bring his Corrie fans with him and earn a new legion of fans along the away.
“He is just waiting on his visa. Then he’ll be moving to Australia to film the show.”
Ryan's character left Coro St in emotional scenes last year.
The move to Neighbours will come as a welcome change to Thomas, who was keen to get stuck into another role after leaving Weatherfield behind.
Speaking about his departure from Coro St at the time, Ryan told The Mirror: “For me, it’s about testing myself, getting creative, learning something new and playing a different character, which is something I’ve never done in 16 years.
“Even auditioning is exciting as the whole process is not something I’ve been involved in for many years.”
While Neighbours are yet to confirm the casting, it's looking like an exciting possibility.
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019