In his first dance, Randell wowed everyone on Dancing With The Stars by pulling off a quickstep so polished even the judges were in awe.
But if you think Randell's talents stop there, think again - because in 2006 the Edge radio host placed eighth - yes, that's right, eighth, on the third season of nationwide singing competition New Zealand Idol.
As listeners of The Edge's breakfast show will attest, Randell has received no end of ribbing from his co-host Dominic Harvey on his placing. But a place in the top 10 is better than no placing at all, right!
What could we do but find the original footage from NZ Idol to brighten our - and your - mornings! See below, and enjoy!
Randell reckons the closest he's come to "proper" dancing before DWTS was "a routine my groomsmen and I practised in the garage of my parents house on the day of my wedding".
"We were meant to perform it down the aisle. The music started, we nervously all looked at each other, shook our heads, chickened out, pulled the pin and agreed never to speak of it again."
Could he have missed his calling?
Randell - actual name, Clint (Dominic and Jay Jay Feeney voted to call him by his surname when he started on the The Edge because there was already another radio host named Clint) - is a doting dad to three-year-old daughter Cameron and son, Ty, two. He's been married to his wife, Jaime, for nine years and has worked as a children's TV presenter as well as dipped his toe in the acting pool with credits in Kiwi telefeatures, The Kick, and Venus & Mars.
He's the second The Edge host to appear on DWTS. Jay Jay Feeney joined the cast in 2015.
- RoyalsHilary and Chelsea Clinton condemn the UK tabloids' treatment of Duchess Meghan as racist
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie shares a never-before-seen video from her wedding to Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveToday 9:10am
- MindThe world I discovered when I came off my anti-depressants
- MindFrom dating apps to social media - how to have a healthy relationship with your phone
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- FamilyAt home with Dame Valerie Adams and her 'lucky last' baby Kepaleli
Woman's DayToday 7:55am
- FamilyWhy, at 84, Sir Michael Parkinson is allowing his son to turn the tables and interview him on stage
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe Mediterranean Diet: Is this the healthiest diet ever?
- FamilyThe Topp Twins on their absolute joy at having a baby in the family
Now To LoveYesterday 10:41am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share their body positivity secrets
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerMeet NEXT magazine's Woman Of The Year 2019 Winners
NEXTOct 11, 2019
- Mind‘I’m forever in your debt’: James Middleton shares an emotional tribute on Instagram
Now To LoveOct 11, 2019
- TVThe Bachelor Australia's Abbie Chatfield's heartbreaking abortion confession
Now To LoveOct 11, 2019
- MoneyJo Seagar gives her top tips on how to stay calm and solvent over Christmas
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 11, 2019