Netflix’s drama series (and most expensive television show ever made) The Crown follows the life of Queen Elizabeth II and the British Royal Family.
Claire Foy won a Golden Globe for Best Actress for her portrayal of Queen Elizabeth II in season one, and will reprise her role for season two, before passing on the baton for season three.
In fact, every two seasons of the six season series will see a brand new cast portray the British Royal Family.
While Claire has loved the challenge of the role, she admitted to People she’s also glad to be taking off Queen Elizabeth’s tiara, describing the cast handover as “a real plus” at the British Film Institute and Radio Times Festival.
“As an actor, there’s nothing worse than the sound of ‘seven years,’” she elaborated.
“I’m sure to some people it sounds amazing, but to us it’s like, seven years of playing the same person? And this is a tough job, you know?”
While she’s excited to have the chance to move onto to new projects, it will be an emotional farewell.
“I will miss it terribly, but I just can’t wait to see where it goes,” Claire said.
Season two is set to premiere on Netflix in November this year.
The already star-studded cast will be joined by Downton Abbey’s Matthew Goode, who will play Antony Armstrong-Jones, the Earl of Snowden.
Michel C Hall (Dexter), will be portraying American president John F Kennedy. His wife Jackie Kennedy will be played by Jodi Balfour (Quarry).
While details on season three are scare at this stage, we will see the entrance of another famous face in the story of the British Royal Family.
“You start meeting Camilla Parker Bowles in season three,” producer Suzanne Mackie said at the British Film Institute and Radio Times Festival in London.
Of course, her relationship with Prince Charles and the ensuing love triangle with Princess Diana has been well-documented but we can't wait to see the show's interpretation of one of the most famous royal scandals of all time.
The cast for season three has yet to be confirmed.
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveToday 2:28pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 1:00pm
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 11:00am
- WeddingsArt Green and Matilda Rice marry in a stunning Waiheke wedding - and announce they're expecting a baby!
Now To LoveYesterday 10:10am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019