Netflix’s drama series (and most expensive television show ever made) The Crown follows the life of Queen Elizabeth II and the British Royal Family.
Claire Foy won a Golden Globe for Best Actress for her portrayal of Queen Elizabeth II in season one, and will reprise her role for season two, before passing on the baton for season three.
In fact, every two seasons of the six season series will see a brand new cast portray the British Royal Family.
While Claire has loved the challenge of the role, she admitted to People she’s also glad to be taking off Queen Elizabeth’s tiara, describing the cast handover as “a real plus” at the British Film Institute and Radio Times Festival.
“As an actor, there’s nothing worse than the sound of ‘seven years,’” she elaborated.
“I’m sure to some people it sounds amazing, but to us it’s like, seven years of playing the same person? And this is a tough job, you know?”
While she’s excited to have the chance to move onto to new projects, it will be an emotional farewell.
“I will miss it terribly, but I just can’t wait to see where it goes,” Claire said.
Season two is set to premiere on Netflix in November this year.
The already star-studded cast will be joined by Downton Abbey’s Matthew Goode, who will play Antony Armstrong-Jones, the Earl of Snowden.
Michel C Hall (Dexter), will be portraying American president John F Kennedy. His wife Jackie Kennedy will be played by Jodi Balfour (Quarry).
While details on season three are scare at this stage, we will see the entrance of another famous face in the story of the British Royal Family.
“You start meeting Camilla Parker Bowles in season three,” producer Suzanne Mackie said at the British Film Institute and Radio Times Festival in London.
Of course, her relationship with Prince Charles and the ensuing love triangle with Princess Diana has been well-documented but we can't wait to see the show's interpretation of one of the most famous royal scandals of all time.
The cast for season three has yet to be confirmed.
- BodyThis Kiwi mum had a hysterectomy at 30 for her kids
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 2:30pm
- Real LifeKiwi mum Emma Blundell's dying wish for her nephew
Woman's DayToday 12:00pm
- Celebrity NewsMKR NZ's Jay and Sarah reveal how fame almost destroyed their relationship
Woman's DayYesterday 2:00pm
- At homeGive your child's bedroom a fresh look with this colour palette
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsSporting royalty! New photos revealed of Prince George playing football with his school team
Now To LoveYesterday 7:00am
- TVElisabeth Easther on why "it's good to be bad" playing her Shorty character
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 21, 2022
- Celebrity NewsErin Simpson and Zac Franich's baby joy: 'We're finally having a baby!'
Now To LoveJan 20, 2022
- Real LifeRadio star Steve Broad reveals the tragedy that motivates him
Woman's DayJan 19, 2022
- RoyalsPrince William’s romantic surprise on Kate Middleton’s birthday
Now To LoveJan 17, 2022