For Carolyn Taylor, her return to live TV on Dancing With The Stars has been nothing short of exhilarating. The well-loved former kids' TV presenter, who hosted What Now in the early 2000s, says she'd forgotten how much she'd missed the thrill of it.
"Live television is such a team effort and everyone on the floor making the production - the dancers, the make-up, the hair, the director, the producer, everything... whatever happens in that block of time that someone at home is viewing... is happening in real time and you never know how it's going to turn out.
"So many hours go into this one tiny little bit of opportunity that you've got to do it right one time... It's a real pressure cooker of anticipation and nerves and excitement and there's nothing else really like it," she says.
In this video Caro opens up about what she's up to these days with her career, her biggest fan, husband Wes, and what she realised about her younger self when she watched, for the first time in a long time, old footage of herself on What Now.
For more great videos check out our Youtube channel.
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020