For Carolyn Taylor, her return to live TV on Dancing With The Stars has been nothing short of exhilarating. The well-loved former kids' TV presenter, who hosted What Now in the early 2000s, says she'd forgotten how much she'd missed the thrill of it.
"Live television is such a team effort and everyone on the floor making the production - the dancers, the make-up, the hair, the director, the producer, everything... whatever happens in that block of time that someone at home is viewing... is happening in real time and you never know how it's going to turn out.
"So many hours go into this one tiny little bit of opportunity that you've got to do it right one time... It's a real pressure cooker of anticipation and nerves and excitement and there's nothing else really like it," she says.
In this video Caro opens up about what she's up to these days with her career, her biggest fan, husband Wes, and what she realised about her younger self when she watched, for the first time in a long time, old footage of herself on What Now.
For more great videos check out our Youtube channel.
- Real LifeKiwi Mum's adventure: From America's Cup to Africa's Hero!
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Food & DrinksIf you love Scandi-style interiors then this latest kitchen trend is for you
Now To LoveJun 22, 2021
- TVThe Apprentice NZ's Kennedy Anderson: 'I was fired from my own company!'
Woman's DayJun 17, 2021
- Celebrity NewsMark Richardson on turning 50 and making his mark on the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 13, 2021
- TVDrag Race Down Under’s Elektra Shock: From homeless to healed
Woman's DayJun 12, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSuzanne Paul's forever glow and the lessons she's learned
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 05, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's transformation: Jules from MAFS changed my life!'
Woman's DayJun 04, 2021
- At homeHow to create a kids room that will last through the ages
Now To LoveJun 03, 2021