And then there were 7! With Walter's elimination last night, now it's going to get really interesting. All of the couples left have the goods to make the final. They're all capable dancers and all have good supporters and fans to get to this stage of the competition.
There are only a few eliminations before the final so its going to be really close from here. The votes really count now but so does the dancing, and the judges are going to have to look hard and make some calls that will break their hearts.
It hasn't been this close for a number of years so the stars and the professionals will really be under the pump from now . The 6-8 hours a day that they're currently putting in could very well turn into 10 as they work to beat their competition over the next few weeks.
I've always thought right from when he was announced that Manu Vatuvei should win this competition. He has all of those qualities I spoke about last week that professional rugby and league players have; he is light on his feet, has rhythm running through his veins and the joy of dance and expression comes from his soul these are the perfect ingredients to shape a winner.
I was so pleased for William Waiirua on Sunday. What a great Rumba full of everything it needs.
He and Amelia took us through a relationship that had challenge, passion, emotion, feelings and power and this definitely put him back in contention after being in the bottom two last week.
It's so nice to see the couples out sharing their journey with their charities and it was nice to see Amelia talk emotionally about how good it is to see kind loving people today, and shes right about that! It certainly motivated them to produce an outstanding dance for their charity.
Walter Neilands had a great run in the competition. Hugely popular with cast, crew and viewers, sadly his dancing wasn't up to the standard of the others so he was never going to make it much further, but what a big part of the competition he was and he will be missed. The competition will definitely get serious now that he's gone.
Nadia Lim looked amazing! And didn't her and Aaron make a great Danny and Sandy! She definitely stepped outside of her comfort zone and did a great job of it, I liked this Nadia! Fabulous show routine. Not much Salsa but hey, really entertaining!
I think Randell once again delivered the best performance of the week. The Paso Doble (two step in French or double step in Spanish) has both Spanish and French characteristics and is the dance of the Matador.
It's a male-dominant dance that is comprised of strong shaping, bold stepping and heel striking but with an element of stillness. If you've ever been to a bullfight you will notice the determined focus on the face of the matador, for obvious reasons he never takes his eye off the bull. I thought his characterisation of the dance was excellent.
Dancing With The Stars airs on Three, Sundays at 7pm and Mondays at 7:30pm.
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveToday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayToday 7:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share the details on their wedding dresses
Woman's DayYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe one thing Jodie Rimmer did on Celebrity Treasure Island that her children made her apologise for
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- At homeThe sensitive skin laundry hack that makes your clothes soft and speeds up drying time
Now To LoveYesterday 8:24am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DayYesterday 8:21am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan shares an adorable unseen photo from Archie’s christening for Prince Harry’s birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a $500 Countdown voucher to launch your Disney Word tile collection
Woman's DaySep 15, 2019
- BodyDWTS winner Loryn Reynolds' sister can finally dance again after losing a whopping 70kg
Woman's DaySep 14, 2019