It's been a tough 11 weeks for The Block teams as they work around the clock to get their houses finished in time for auction day - but on last night's episode of the Three reality show, contestant Yanita McLeay received a very special surprise that got all the teams in celebration mode.
Yanita's dashing beau dropped down to one knee for the romantic moment, telling her, "From the moment we went on our first date I've always wanted to marry you".
Of course, the blonde beauty wasted no time saying a resounding 'yes' - and despite her flustered new fiance putting the ring on the wrong hand, nothing could rain on Yanita's parade.
"It's all good though, I'll still marry him," she quipped.
The happy news was followed by Yanita's parents arriving to help celebrate the momentous occasion, along with her fellow Block teams.
This isn't the first time the Block has seen a surprise proposal play out in front of the camera. During the Villa Wars season in 2015, Hamilton's Sarah Kong got engaged to her boyfriend Neth.
Congratulations to the lovebirds!
- Real LifeKiwi Mum's adventure: From America's Cup to Africa's Hero!
Now To LoveToday 8:00am
- Food & DrinksIf you love Scandi-style interiors then this latest kitchen trend is for you
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe Apprentice NZ's Kennedy Anderson: 'I was fired from my own company!'
Woman's DayJun 17, 2021
- Celebrity NewsMark Richardson on turning 50 and making his mark on the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 13, 2021
- TVDrag Race Down Under’s Elektra Shock: From homeless to healed
Woman's DayJun 12, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSuzanne Paul's forever glow and the lessons she's learned
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 05, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's transformation: Jules from MAFS changed my life!'
Woman's DayJun 04, 2021
- At homeHow to create a kids room that will last through the ages
Now To LoveJun 03, 2021