A Bachelorette New Zealand contestant who took a precautionary test for Covid-19 has received a negative result.
TVNZ released a statement with the news today, saying, "TVNZ have just been advised that the Bachelorette NZ contestant tested for COVID-19 has returned a negative test.
"We are in the process of sharing this good news with those identified as being in close contact with the individual."
News broke on Wednesday that the reality TV show cast member was being tested and that his results would be back within 24 hours.
The bachelor had recently come back from overseas travel and had been feeling unwell, and took the test as a precautionary measure.
TVNZ implemented Ministry of Health advice and identified individuals who had been in close contact with the individual, which include "TVNZ employees as well as external parties related to the Bachelorette NZ production".
Those people went into isolation until the test results were confirmed, TVNZ advised media.
The Bachelorette NZ cast is comprised of bachelorettes Lesina Nakhid-Schuster, a locum doctor from Auckland who is currently working in Australia, reality TV star Lily McManus, who was runner-up in the third season of The Bachelor NZ, which starred Zac Franich, and 25 eligible Kiwi bachelors who hail from all over New Zealand.
On Wednesday Seven Sharp co-host Jeremy Wells went into self-isolation as a precaution after coming into contact with the contestant while interviewing him last week.
Jeremy told his co-host Hilary Barry via Skype on Wednesday's show that he was feeling perfectly fine, but wanted to exercise caution, especially in light of the fact symptoms don't always present straight away with Covid-19.
Jeremy told Hilary he hadn't taken a test at that point as he was waiting to hear back on the test results of the Bachelorette contestant.
At the time of writing this story there were 39 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in New Zealand.
All of the cases are related to overseas travel. So far, there is no evidence of community transmission in New Zealand.
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020