New Zealand's first Bachelor, Art Green, has been announced as the host of the first series of The Bachelorette NZ. TVNZ made the announcement tonight at a showcase for their upcoming 2020 season.
"I'm absolutely stoked to be hosting The Bachelorette New Zealand!" Art said. "It's going to be great to have a front row seat as our Bachelorette embarks on a journey to find love. I can't wait!"
Art famously found lasting love in 2015 with Matilda Rice on the first season of The Bachelor. They married in a romantic Waiheke Island wedding in February this year and welcomed their first child together - son Milo - in September.
Watch: Art and Matilda's love story. Article continues below.
While we've seen three seasons of The Bachelor (with varying degrees of success), this is the first time The Bachelorette has been commissioned in New Zealand.
Having gone through the process himself, Art will be well placed to mentor the yet-to-be-announced Bachelorette. The fitness fanatic and entrepreneur was fortunate to have had such a positive journey on the show. For him, Matilda was always 'The One.' She was the first Bachelorette he met and sparks flew right from the very beginning.
"From the very start I liked Matilda… Matilda is and was always the girl for me," he revealed after finished filming.
When he told his love that he'd chosen her at the end, it was with four simple yet romantic words: "It's always been you."
The Bachelorette will screen on TVNZ 2 in 2020.
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank have revealed the name of their son
Now To LoveFeb 21, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Harry and Duchess Meghan are having another baby!
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2021
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie & husband Jack Brooksbank have welcomed their first child
Now To LoveFeb 10, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Paul Patterson: 'I'm cooking up romance'
Woman's DayFeb 03, 2021
- MindBeating the bottle: My party girl life was killing me
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 25, 2021
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020