From the Queen's passion for horse-racing, to Zara Tindall's Olympic equestrian success and Prince Harry's love of polo, it's no secret that the royal family has a keen interest in all things equine.
Last week, it was revealed that two of the youngest members of the royal family, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's eldest children Prince George and Princess Charlotte, would be following in their royal relatives' footsteps by taking up horse riding lessons, courtesy of their father's cousin, Zara Tindall's stable.
But despite her children's new hobby, it is highly unlikely that you will see the Duchess of Cambridge riding horses any time soon. It's often been reported that Kate is allergic to horses, but another royal biographer has a different theory: that she simply didn't learn to ride as a child.
"Kate doesn't ride, purely because didn't do it growing up," Marcia Moody, author of Kate: A Biography, told Town & Country. "William and Harry were taught from an early age, but the only time they ride now is for polo — they don't go off on hacks like the queen always has."
But despite this lack of interest – and reported allergy – you can still expect to see the Duchess of Cambridge watching her children ride.
Paralympic rider Natasha Baker met the Duchess last year, and told Horse & Hound magazine that she had: "emphasized that Charlotte has this passion about horses and although she doesn't echo it, she'll do her best to champion and encourage it."
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019