Perhaps the most interesting news to come out of the Prince Harry and Meghan Markle engagement announcement was that they were set up by a mutual friend.
The couple chose to keep the friend’s identity secret, but the British Press think they’ve got it figured out.
Well, they’ve at least narrowed it down to a few contenders.
The frontrunner is a childhood friend of Harry’s, Violet Von Westenholz.
Violet is the public relations director for Ralph Lauren. Meghan and Violet worked together at the end of June 2016, not long before Harry and Meghan’s first date. They also attended Wimbledon together the following week, with Meghan posting this photo of the two of them to her Instagram account.
Violet wouldn’t confirm nor deny the rumours when asked.
"I might leave that for other people to say (who it is),’ she told the Telegraph. "It’s a great story and I am sure they are going to be very happy together. I am just happy they are really happy. They are great together."
Another possibility is fashion designer Misha Nonoo.
Misha is a close friend of Meghan's. She also happens to be the ex wife of Harry’s Eton school friend Alexander Gilkes.
There is also speculation that Made in Chelsea star Millie Mackintosh could be the cupid, although the smart money seems to be on Violet.
Prince Harry has said that he knew Meghan was ‘the one’ as soon as they met. Awww.
Whoever their matchmaker was, royal lovers everywhere have a lot to be thankful for. We could all do with friends like that in our lives, right?
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am