Perhaps the most interesting news to come out of the Prince Harry and Meghan Markle engagement announcement was that they were set up by a mutual friend.
The couple chose to keep the friend’s identity secret, but the British Press think they’ve got it figured out.
Well, they’ve at least narrowed it down to a few contenders.
The frontrunner is a childhood friend of Harry’s, Violet Von Westenholz.
Violet is the public relations director for Ralph Lauren. Meghan and Violet worked together at the end of June 2016, not long before Harry and Meghan’s first date. They also attended Wimbledon together the following week, with Meghan posting this photo of the two of them to her Instagram account.
Violet wouldn’t confirm nor deny the rumours when asked.
"I might leave that for other people to say (who it is),’ she told the Telegraph. "It’s a great story and I am sure they are going to be very happy together. I am just happy they are really happy. They are great together."
Another possibility is fashion designer Misha Nonoo.
Misha is a close friend of Meghan's. She also happens to be the ex wife of Harry’s Eton school friend Alexander Gilkes.
There is also speculation that Made in Chelsea star Millie Mackintosh could be the cupid, although the smart money seems to be on Violet.
Prince Harry has said that he knew Meghan was ‘the one’ as soon as they met. Awww.
Whoever their matchmaker was, royal lovers everywhere have a lot to be thankful for. We could all do with friends like that in our lives, right?
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019