A new survey has revealed just how popular members of the British royal family are with the general public in the UK.
According to Express, the 2019 Opinium Monarchy Tracker survey asked more than 2000 adults in the UK how positively they viewed members of the royal family, with some surprising results.
Queen Elizabeth II herself came out on top as the most popular female royal, with a 70 per cent approval rating, closely followed by her grand-daughter-in-law and future Queen Consort, Duchess Catherine, just eight per cent behind.
Meanwhile, despite Duchess Meghan's popularity on Instagram and the waves of excitement and anticipation surrounding baby Archie's birth, surprisingly positive views of the new mum were at just 39 per cent, just beating Duchess Camilla, who had an approval rating of 24 per cent.
And how did the royal brothers fare? Prince William proved to be the most popular royal, with 74 per cent of the public approving of him, while Prince Harry was liked by 70 per cent.
The new results show quite a departure from the survey conducted by YouGov in 2018, which saw Prince Harry take top spot with a solid 77 per cent.
The 2019 survey participants were also asked whether they agreed with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's decision to keep details around the birth of their first child private, with 65 per cent of people agreeing, it was a beneficial thing to do.
When asked if they thought the couple had an important role to play, particularly with their work with their charities, 74 per cent of the public agreed that they did.
Overall, support for the British monarchy was 63 per cent, with Priya Minhas at Opinium saying: "As British politics remains turbulent and its place in Europe uncertain, it's good to see support for a longstanding British institution."
- RelationshipsThe incredible love story of this Kiwi soldier and his Slovenian heroine, who met through a barbed wire fence at a POW camp
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionFibre 101: Everything you need to know about this essential dietary component
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- RoyalsWhy the Queen allowed Duchess Catherine to break protocol and kiss her in public
Now To LoveYesterday 3:18pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie’s latest outfit has a sweet connection to her royal wedding last year
Now To LoveYesterday 11:45am
- Real LifeA Christchurch surgeon describes what it was like to be working on the day of the mosque attacks
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- RoyalsSee the vibrant flower that's been named after Baby Archie
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthNewshub's Melissa Davies is pregnant with her first child
Now To LoveYesterday 9:08am
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveMay 23, 2019
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveMay 23, 2019
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMay 23, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesMay 23, 2019