A new survey has revealed just how popular members of the British royal family are with the general public in the UK.
According to Express, the 2019 Opinium Monarchy Tracker survey asked more than 2000 adults in the UK how positively they viewed members of the royal family, with some surprising results.
Queen Elizabeth II herself came out on top as the most popular female royal, with a 70 per cent approval rating, closely followed by her grand-daughter-in-law and future Queen Consort, Duchess Catherine, just eight per cent behind.
Meanwhile, despite Duchess Meghan's popularity on Instagram and the waves of excitement and anticipation surrounding baby Archie's birth, surprisingly positive views of the new mum were at just 39 per cent, just beating Duchess Camilla, who had an approval rating of 24 per cent.
And how did the royal brothers fare? Prince William proved to be the most popular royal, with 74 per cent of the public approving of him, while Prince Harry was liked by 70 per cent.
The new results show quite a departure from the survey conducted by YouGov in 2018, which saw Prince Harry take top spot with a solid 77 per cent.
The 2019 survey participants were also asked whether they agreed with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's decision to keep details around the birth of their first child private, with 65 per cent of people agreeing, it was a beneficial thing to do.
When asked if they thought the couple had an important role to play, particularly with their work with their charities, 74 per cent of the public agreed that they did.
Overall, support for the British monarchy was 63 per cent, with Priya Minhas at Opinium saying: "As British politics remains turbulent and its place in Europe uncertain, it's good to see support for a longstanding British institution."
- FamilyJacinda Ardern reveals who Neve gets her 'strong will' from
Now To LoveToday 10:42am
- TVMy Kitchen Rules' Piper breaks her silence on her relationship with Victor
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyHayley Holt opens up about how sobriety has made her braver and stronger
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesJul 20, 2019
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS' Tamara Joy has hooked up with the brother of a fellow MAFS bride
Now To LoveJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019