Thomas Markle is officially out of his heart surgery.
The 73-year-old told TMZ he had three stents placed in his blood vessels.
"I'm okay. It will take a long time to heal," he said.
"Staying in the hospital a few more days. Not allowed to get excited."
The dad-of-three broke the news yesterday that he needed to undergo very serious heart surgery and will as a result not be going to the royal weding.. "They [doctors] will go in and clear blockage, repair damage and put a stent where it is needed." The shocking news follows Thomas admitting he'd like to still walk his daughter Meghan Markle down the aisle and give her away when she marries Prince Harry.
Thomas shared that his daughter had tried to call him when she learned of news that he did not want to go to the royal wedding.
When the actress couldn't get through to him, Thomas shared that his girl sent him a text message.
The 73-year-old said the note said, "loved him and was concerned for his health".
He confessed that his daughter, who he shares with ex-wife Doria Ragland, "harbours no ill feelings toward him".
"I hate the idea of missing one of the greatest moments in history and walking my daughter down the aisle," he admitted.
In a truly shock turn of events, TMZ claim that the former lighting director believes the open letter penned by his son Thomas Jr is what triggered his heart attack.
On Monday, Kensington Palace issued a statement following the news that Thomas would not be attending this weekend's wedding.
"This is a deeply personal moment for Ms Markle in the days before her wedding," the statement said.
"She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and respect to be extended to Mr Markle in this difficult situation."
It remains unclear who will walk the 36-year-old actress down the aisle as she weds Prince Harry in a Saturday ceremony at St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle. However, there's speculation her beloved mother, Doria Ragland, or even father-in-law-to-be, Prince Charles, may take on the important role.
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019