November 20th, 2017, marks the 70th anniversary Princess Elizabeth, the future Queen, married the very dreamy Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten.
The sweet duo announced they were set to get married all the way back on July 10, 1947.
Sharing with the world a snap of the then 21-year-old Princess beaming as she showed off the elegant engagement ring presented to her by future husband, who was 26 at the time.
It’s fair to say the couple were destined for greatness following their glorious wedding ceremony at Westminster Abbey on November 20, 1947.
Showing the world she'd be a humble queen, the Princess required ration coupons to buy the material of her wedding dress.
Indeed, their withstanding relationship is based on their mutual love and respect but also a shared sense of humour – after all, Prince Philip is notoriously funny!.
In fact the Duke of Edinburgh "traipses around" and jokes that he is the "fella who belongs to Mrs Queen", rather than being "professionally qualified in something".
On the other hand, the mother-of-four is very comfortable around her husband, with her former private secretary, Lord Charteris once admitting, "It is not unknown for the Queen to tell the Duke to shut up."
Joking aside, it is clear that it is the Prince’s utter devotion to his wife that has been a backbone to their incredible partnership.
"My job first, second and last is never to let the Queen down," he has sweetly said.
Prince Philip may have retried from official royal duty, but 70 years on - his feet are firmly planted by his Queen's side.
In celebration of their landmark marital milestone, we've rounded up 11 times this pair have shown us that even though the years have flown by, their love for each other hasn't...
Even after decades of marriage, Prince Philip has but one Queen.
This year, on November 20, the royal couple will mark their platinum wedding anniversary with an intimate family gathering.
Laughing their way through life has made for a wonderful marriage.
Her Majesty's Prince had her in giggles during a royal event.
The pair were as merry as can be during Queen Elizabeth's 90th birthday celebrations last year.
Always by her side, Prince Philip is The Queen's number-one confidante.
Pictured here at the 70th anniversary of Victory over Japan day in London last year, the pair shared many sweet moments - we especially love when the reigning monarch gave her husband a "knowing" look.
“You can take it from me, the Queen has the quality of tolerance in abundance," the 96-year-old Duke has said.
When Philip first met Elizabeth he recalled: "You were so shy. I couldn't get a word out of you."
Watch Prince Philip talk about figuring out his role alongside The Queen in the next slide. Gallery continues after the video!
Prince Philip watched his wife fondly as she presented the world her darling boy, Prince Andrew for his first appearance on Buckingham Palace's balcony at Trooping the Colour in 1961.
Dancing their way into wedded bliss.
Philip spins his love on the dance floor. The stylish duo look straight out of a movie!
For the charismatic Prince, in a crowded room, he only has eyes for his wife.
"The secret of a happy marriage is to have different interests," Prince Philip has said.
Their withstanding relationship is based on their mutual love and respect and of course their shared sense of humour - proving that laughter is the best medicine!
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 1:00pm
- BodyOlivia Newton-John is battling cancer for the third time - why she's not letting it get her down
Good Health ChoicesToday 11:00am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveToday 8:00am
- BodyPaula Bennett: my new look and life 12 months after gastric bypass surgery
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019