As the British summer holidays draw to a close and a new term approaches, Prince George is preparing to start year one at Primary School. This academic year will be a little different for the five-year-old with his timetable now including a number of extra subjects alongside the reading, writing and basic maths he learned in reception.
Alongside his fellow pupils at St Thomas's Battersea - a £20,000 (roughly NZD$38,400) per year private school located four miles from the family's Kensington Palace home - Prince George will take on new subjects such as history and geography and activities like swimming and ballet classes.
The weekly 35 minute ballet class accompanied by a live pianist is designed to "develop students physical skills, stamina, creativity, expression and musicality, using a range of sounds and musical styles," the school's website explained.
In addition to the compulsory timetable of classes, the young royal will also have the opportunity to sign up for choir, learn a musical instrument, or do a drama class.
"Children in Year One become increasingly independent and confident and begin to relish the opportunity to tackle new challenges presented to them across the broad curriculum," head of lower school, Helen Haslem, wrote on the school's website.
Much like last year, when it comes to school lunches, Prince George will be spoilt for choice.
There's no packed lunch making for the Duke and Duchess as George's school offers a weekly changing seasonal menu designed by a dietitian.
With gluten free and vegan options at every meal time, dishes include lamb and apricot tagine, spinach and ricotta tortellini and beef meatballs in an Italian sauce.
Via our sister site Grazia.
- BodyHayley Holt opens up about how sobriety has positively affected her life and made her braver and stronger
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019