The Queen's daughter, Princess Anne, celebrated her 68th birthday in private with her loved ones on Wednesday, August 15.
While celebrations happened behind closed doors, the royal family did take to their official social media accounts to acknowledge the special day.
The Queen's Twitter account shared a photo of Her Majesty's daughter, taken earlier this year in June when Anne attended Ascot.
"Wishing HRH The Princess Royal a very Happy Birthday! #HappyBirthdayHRH," the photo was captioned.
Anne is beaming in a turquoise ensemble featuring a feathered hat and glittering jewels.
It was revealed earlier this year that Princess Anne has worked the most days of the year so far out of any member of the royal family fulfilling an astonishing 540 official duties. And this feat did not go unrecognised by the royal family, who made note of her amazing and hard work on her birthday.
"The Princess Royal has a busy schedule of engagements which see her travel widely across the UK and overseas. #HappyBirthdayHRH," The Royal Family captioned a series of snaps of Anne out and about on royal duty.
The royal family also noted the 68-year-old's charity work as well as her love for equestrian which saw her compete in the Montreal Olympic Games.
Sharing a flashback photograph of Anne and one of her horses, the royal family wrote on Twitter: "Known for her love of horses and an equestrian career which saw her compete in the 1976 Montreal Olympic Games, Her Royal Highness is involved with riding for the disabled organisations across the Commonwealth."
Anne's 69-year-old brother, Charles, The Prince of Wales, and Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall, also took to their official social media account to share their well wishes to the birthday girl.
"Happy Birthday to HRH The Princess Royal. #HappyBirthdayHRH," Clarence House captioned a picture from 2009 of Prince Charles and his sister laughing.
We hope the busy royal managed to spend some time away from her extraordinary work to enjoy her special day.
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine reveals one of Prince Louis’ surprising first words
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice’s sweet text to Ellie Goulding about their friendship was revealed on TV
Now To LoveToday 10:40am
- FamilyParaplegic dad's joy: The newborn son we never thought we'd have
Woman's DayToday 9:45am
- CareerHow footwear designer Kathryn Wilson uses her Samsung Galaxy Note10+ for work and play
Now To LoveToday 9:42am
- CompetitionsWin a gum health prize pack with Oral B and NZ Woman’s Weekly!
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney's hot new romance: 'Meet my toyboy lover'
Woman's DayToday 8:10am
- MindWhy procrastination can be more harmful than we think - and what we can do about it
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- RelationshipsWho was Lezlie Manukian? The Californian girl who swindled a Kiwi family out of their life savings
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- FamilyChristmas with the stars: How Laura McGoldrick will be spending the holidays
Woman's DayYesterday 7:55am
- PetsCaring for elderly pets (the trick is to think of them as furry grandparents)
Now To LoveDec 13, 2019
- SkincareThe surprising benefits of caffeine for your skin and body
Now To LoveDec 13, 2019
- BodyPerimenopause: the 'change before the change' explained
The Australian Women's WeeklyDec 13, 2019