The Queen's daughter, Princess Anne, celebrated her 68th birthday in private with her loved ones on Wednesday, August 15.
While celebrations happened behind closed doors, the royal family did take to their official social media accounts to acknowledge the special day.
The Queen's Twitter account shared a photo of Her Majesty's daughter, taken earlier this year in June when Anne attended Ascot.
"Wishing HRH The Princess Royal a very Happy Birthday! #HappyBirthdayHRH," the photo was captioned.
Anne is beaming in a turquoise ensemble featuring a feathered hat and glittering jewels.
It was revealed earlier this year that Princess Anne has worked the most days of the year so far out of any member of the royal family fulfilling an astonishing 540 official duties. And this feat did not go unrecognised by the royal family, who made note of her amazing and hard work on her birthday.
"The Princess Royal has a busy schedule of engagements which see her travel widely across the UK and overseas. #HappyBirthdayHRH," The Royal Family captioned a series of snaps of Anne out and about on royal duty.
The royal family also noted the 68-year-old's charity work as well as her love for equestrian which saw her compete in the Montreal Olympic Games.
Sharing a flashback photograph of Anne and one of her horses, the royal family wrote on Twitter: "Known for her love of horses and an equestrian career which saw her compete in the 1976 Montreal Olympic Games, Her Royal Highness is involved with riding for the disabled organisations across the Commonwealth."
Anne's 69-year-old brother, Charles, The Prince of Wales, and Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall, also took to their official social media account to share their well wishes to the birthday girl.
"Happy Birthday to HRH The Princess Royal. #HappyBirthdayHRH," Clarence House captioned a picture from 2009 of Prince Charles and his sister laughing.
We hope the busy royal managed to spend some time away from her extraordinary work to enjoy her special day.
- At homeHow clean, green living can start with small day-to-day changes in the kitchen
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- TVLaura Daniel and her DWTS partner Shae Mountain get matching tattoos
Now To LoveToday 10:41am
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am