We waited with bated breath for what felt like an eternity, and now the world can finally breathe a sigh of relief with Kensignton Palace announcing the royal baby has been named!
Four days after his arrival, proud parents Duchess Catherine and Prince William have given their little cherub the classic and oh-so-regal moniker Prince Louis Arthur Charles of Cambridge.
The British Royal Family announced the name through the palace's social media channels on Friday April 27th, 11am UK time.
In a statement, Kensington Palace said: "The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to announce that they have named their son Louis Arthur Charles. The baby will be known as His Royal Highness Prince Louis of Cambridge."
Louis: Interestingly, Louis is one of big brother Prince George's middle names! George's full title is George Alexander Louis of Cambridge. Louis also pays homage to Prince Philip's uncle, Lord Louis Mountbatten.
Arthur: Arthur is a popular middle name for the royals with both Charles and William sharing the title. King Arthur was also a prominent player in the royal world, famed for his impressive leadership in the late 5th century.
Charles: A sweet nod to Louis' paternal grandfather and future King of England, Prince Charles.
Prince Louis is now fifth in line to the British throne and was born at 11:01am on Monday the 23rd of April, tipping the scales as the heaviest royal baby in 100 years weighing a very healthy 3.8-kilograms.
Kensington Palace confirmed the Duchess was in labour at 08:23am in the morning, London time via Twitter in a statement which read: "Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was admitted to St. Mary's Hospital, Paddington, London earlier this morning in the early stages of labour."
"The Duchess travelled by car from Kensington Palace to the Lindo Wing at St. Mary's Hospital with The Duke of Cambridge."
This marks the longest wait out of all three of Prince William and Duchess Catherine's three children, with the royal couple only leaving fans hanging for two days in the past.
However it's believed they delayed the name announcement because they didn't want the news to overshadow ANZAC Day commemorations.
Royal fans were sent into a frenzy after a mysterious URL dedicated to Prince Albert popped up on the Royal Family's official website, but it looks like it was a false alarm.
Earlier this week, Prince William also admitted they had been "working on" the decision.
In the end it was well worth the wait, what an incredible choice!
- TVThe 10 most memorable entrances on The Bachelorette
Now To LoveToday 9:10pm
- FitnessRunning just once a week lowers your risk of early death - here's how to get started
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet Christine Fernyhough - the intrepid Auckland housewife who took on a high country farm and won
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney dishes on her sizzling summer with her 'toyboy' Minou
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveJan 24, 2020
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveJan 23, 2020
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 23, 2020
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayJan 23, 2020