We waited with bated breath for what felt like an eternity, and now the world can finally breathe a sigh of relief with Kensignton Palace announcing the royal baby has been named!
Four days after his arrival, proud parents Duchess Catherine and Prince William have given their little cherub the classic and oh-so-regal moniker Prince Louis Arthur Charles of Cambridge.
The British Royal Family announced the name through the palace's social media channels on Friday April 27th, 11am UK time.
In a statement, Kensington Palace said: "The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to announce that they have named their son Louis Arthur Charles. The baby will be known as His Royal Highness Prince Louis of Cambridge."
Louis: Interestingly, Louis is one of big brother Prince George's middle names! George's full title is George Alexander Louis of Cambridge. Louis also pays homage to Prince Philip's uncle, Lord Louis Mountbatten.
Arthur: Arthur is a popular middle name for the royals with both Charles and William sharing the title. King Arthur was also a prominent player in the royal world, famed for his impressive leadership in the late 5th century.
Charles: A sweet nod to Louis' paternal grandfather and future King of England, Prince Charles.
Prince Louis is now fifth in line to the British throne and was born at 11:01am on Monday the 23rd of April, tipping the scales as the heaviest royal baby in 100 years weighing a very healthy 3.8-kilograms.
Kensington Palace confirmed the Duchess was in labour at 08:23am in the morning, London time via Twitter in a statement which read: "Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was admitted to St. Mary's Hospital, Paddington, London earlier this morning in the early stages of labour."
"The Duchess travelled by car from Kensington Palace to the Lindo Wing at St. Mary's Hospital with The Duke of Cambridge."
This marks the longest wait out of all three of Prince William and Duchess Catherine's three children, with the royal couple only leaving fans hanging for two days in the past.
However it's believed they delayed the name announcement because they didn't want the news to overshadow ANZAC Day commemorations.
Royal fans were sent into a frenzy after a mysterious URL dedicated to Prince Albert popped up on the Royal Family's official website, but it looks like it was a false alarm.
Earlier this week, Prince William also admitted they had been "working on" the decision.
In the end it was well worth the wait, what an incredible choice!
- At homeHow clean, green living can start with small day-to-day changes in the kitchen
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- TVLaura Daniel and her DWTS partner Shae Mountain get matching tattoos
Now To LoveToday 10:41am
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveYesterday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 8:05am
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveJun 25, 2019