When you think of the Queen of England, you probably think of someone prim, proper, and rule-abiding as opposed to someone sassy and rebellious.
But Queen Elizabeth II is not one to be walked over. In fact, she's paved her own path when it comes to the age-old institution, and quite frankly, we love her for it.
Her latest moment of pure sass? Admitting that royal protocol is rubbish.
Yep, you read that right. In a recent interview, none other than Michelle Obama recalled the moment the Queen revealed her thoughts on rigid protocols tied to the royal family.
It all played out when the then-First-Lady was attending a presidential visit with her husband Barack Obama, the Queen, and Prince Philip. Understandably, Michelle was very nervous.
"I had all this protocol buzzing in my head and I was like 'don't trip down the stairs and don't touch anybody, whatever you do," she said.
But the Queen was quick to calm down the 54-year-old.
"And so the Queen says 'just get in, sit wherever' and she's telling you one thing and you're remembering protocol and she says 'Oh it's all rubbish, just get in'."
Whatever you say, Your Highness!
The engagement in question took place on April 22, 2016 where Barack and Michelle shared a private lunch with Elizabeth and Prince Philip at Windsor Castle.
Michelle, who has proved to be a female powerhouse in her own right by publishing a book named Becoming, also revealed another rather admirable trait that the Queen possesses, and one that many females the world over would appreciate - sympathy for painful high heels!
Michelle revealed that the Queen looked at the black Jimmy Choo's the First Lady was wearing at the time.
Shaking her head, Elizabeth said: "These shoes are unpleasant, are they not?"
"Forget that she sometimes wore a diamond crown and that I'd flown to London on the presidential jet, we were just two tired ladies oppressed by our shoes," Obama mused.
WATCH: Barack Obama pays tribute to the Queen.
Seems all this time we've been mistaken about the supposed 'royal protocol' and the British royal family is more relaxed than we thought!
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to NYC for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019