Buckingham Palace has released more details on how they're keeping the Queen safe amid the Covid-19 pandemic, announcing she will be moving from the Palace to Windsor Castle for the Easter period one week earlier than planned as a "sensible precaution".
While engagements such as her scheduled trip to Camden and Cheshire have been postponed, the 93-year-old monarch will continue her scheduled audiences this week with any future audiences reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
The statement released by Buckingham Palace also announced the cancellation of a number of significant events in the royal diary including the Garden Parties hosted by the Queen which were scheduled for May and also follows the news that one of the Queen's favourite events, the RHS Chelsea Flower Show, would not go ahead this year either.
"Further announcements on Trooping the Colour, the 75th anniversary of VE Day and the State Visit by the Emperor and Empress of Japan will be made in due course, in consultation with the Government," the Palace statement said.
Earlier this week Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who is currently in isolation after his wife contracted the virus, announced sweeping travel measures designed to limit the number of international visitors to Canada, with reports the Duke of Sussex made it back to Vancouver Island just in time before the restrictions were put in place.
According to a source who spoke to royal correspondent Omid Scobie, the Canada-based Sussexes are, like everyone, "taking appropriate measure of heeding government advice."
Should they be made aware of being in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, then they will "act accordingly," Omid shares.
Yesterday the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge paid tribute to the Irish Guard's on St Patricks Day with an Instagram post. Prince William, who is Colonel of the Regiment usually attends the annual parade with the Duchess of Cambridge.
The royal couple don't have any announced engagements scheduled at the moment, with Duchess Catherine spotted shopping at the weekend with the three Cambridge children close to their country home Anmer Hall in Norfolk.
In the absence of the parade, the couple shared what the Irish Guards, who are affectionately known throughout the Army as 'the Micks', have been working on.
During the annual parades Catherine would hand out shamrocks to the regiment and her and Prince William would chat to the regiment over a pint of Guinness.
Earlier this month the royal couple undertook a three-day tour to the Republic of Ireland, their first official visit to the country.
The future king and queen's visit aimed to highlight the many strong links between the UK and Ireland and focused on the relationship between the two countries, building on a theme of remembrance and reconciliation.
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020