Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York has given a definitive answer on whether she would re-marry her ex-husband, Prince Andrew amidst other details in a fascinating new tell-all interview.
When asked by the Daily Mail if she still loves her ex-husband, Fergie revealed, "We both say it. We are completely compatible. Our bywords are communication, compromise and compassion."
Sarah and Prince Andrew are still remarkably close despite divorcing in 1996. Not only are they and their two daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie a united family, but the former husband and wife still reside together at Royal Lodge, Windsor.
In fact, the Duchess of York says she is not divorced from him but rather divorced "to" him.
"July 23, 1986 [the Duke and Duchess' wedding day] was the happiest day of my life. Andrew is the best man I know. What he does for Britain is incredible; no one knows how hard he works for his country," she explained to The Daily Mail in their exclusive sit-down chat.
"My duty is to him. I am so proud of him. I stand by him and always will. The way we are is our fairy tale."
However when she was asked if she would ever re-marry the seventh in line to the throne, Sarah revealed that we shouldn't be expecting another royal wedding any time soon.
"So many people have asked me that, but we're so happy with the way we are right now. We enjoy each other's company; we allow each other to blossom. I know it sounds like a fairy tale but that's the way we are," the 59-year-old said, finally putting to rest speculation of a romance reboot.
"Although we are not a couple, we really believe in each other. The Yorks are a united family. We've shown it. You saw it at the wedding. We stand up for each other, fight for each other. We're totally respectful of each other's position and thoughts and we listen to each other. Our children listen to us, too."
WATCH: Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson joke about before they get married. Post continues after video...
Despite all this mutual respect, Fergie is still banned from Christmas with the royals at Sandringham, but she revealed she still watches the coverage on TV, "I will watch Ben-Hur and really enjoy it, then watch the news and see how the girls are doing. I know that Her Majesty adores my children, so I am happy to share them."
One event she didn't have to watch from afar was the wedding of her daughter Eugenie earlier this year. She won the public over once again with her relatable facial expressions, mischievous smile and emotional reaction to seeing her daughter walk down the aisle.
"I always went to weddings and thought: 'Why is the mother-of-the-bride crying?"' she told journalist Frances Hardy. "But I completely understand why now. It's because it's so amazing to think your daughter is now grown up, leaving home and starting her own life."
"I'd just sat down in the chapel and everyone saw me go 'Phew' because I'd managed not to slip over in my high heels; then I looked across and saw my sister (Jane) and I watched her face and there were tears — and I'm doing it again, I'm welling up now."
By all accounts, Fergie is very much 'back'. It seems she's long shaken off any of the royal protocol she found stifling; "I just want to be myself. I'm 59 but I feel about eight years old."
Via Now To Love AU and Grazia.
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Married at First SightIs MAFS' Mike Gunner running his own fan page? The signs are compelling!
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 7:00am
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019
- BodyWhat it's like one year on from weight-loss surgery
Now To LoveFeb 12, 2019