On Monday June 10th, Prince Philip celebrated his 98th birthday and his family took to social media to wish Queen Elizabeth's husband a very happy birthday.
First to wish the Duke a happy birthday was his third child, the Duke of York, who took to Instagram, posting a photo of Prince Philip in his ceremonial uniform, writing: "Wishing The Duke of Edinburgh a very Happy 98th Birthday! #HappyBirthdayHRH."
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge shared a whole carousel of images in celebration, which included adorable photos of Philip with different members of the royal family including the Queen, Prince William and Kate.
"Wishing a very Happy 98th Birthday to His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh," Kensington Palace wrote.
The official Royal Family Instagram page really stepped it up a notch with the throwback photos, sharing an image of the Duke photographed in 1953, as well as a touching photo from earlier this year of Philip and his grandson Prince Harry sharing a laugh.
Accompanied by the images was written: "Wishing His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh a very Happy 98th Birthday! #HappyBirthdayHRH. The Duke of Edinburgh was born on this day in 1921.
"In the first picture HRH is pictured at Lady Gabriella Windsor and Thomas Kingston's wedding this year. In the second picture His Royal Highness was photographed in 1953, 66 years ago."
And talk about adorable – Clarence House, the office of Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, shared a photo of a two-year-old Prince Charles holding the hand of Prince Philip in Malta.
"Happy 98th Birthday to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh," Clarence House wrote, adding a '🎉' emoji.
"A two-year-old Prince Charles holds The Duke's hand after greeting his father following his return home from a trip to Malta in 1951."
And, known for making this a little more personal (their birthday wishes to both Princess Charlotte, 4, and Prince Louis, 1, earlier this year were signed off with a kiss,) the Duke and Duchess of Sussex shared two images, one of Prince Harry sharing a laugh with his grandfather and another, a throwback pic of the Queen and Philip on the dancefloor.
"Wishing his Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh, Sir, Grandpa a very Happy 98th Birthday! 🎂 ."
This isn't the first time this year that Sussex Royal have shared an image of Prince Philip, after the birth of little Archie the Sussexes shared a touching image of the Prince beaming as Meghan gave him a peek at his new great grandson, just hours after it was revealed he was the very first member of the royal family to meet him!
Prince Philip's granddaughter Princess Eugenie also shared a touching message for her grandfather's birthday writing: "Happy Birthday to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh. I found a couple of classic photographs of Grandpa and I on Christmas Day and Trooping the Colour a few years ago now.. 🎉🎊🎈."
Her message was undoubtedly the most personal of the bunch, something she's known for, often sharing throwback photos and heartfelt snaps about her husband and other members of the royal family.
Just two years shy of 100, Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth will celebrate their 72nd wedding anniversary in November this year.
Happy 98th Birthday Your Royal Highness!
- TVSam Wallace and Eric Murray bare all on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- RoyalsRevealed: Where Duchess Meghan found inspiration for her royal wedding makeup look
Now To LoveToday 10:30am
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am