The Duke and Duchess of Sussex held their first child's royal christening on Saturday July 6th, in an intimate and private ceremony in the Queen's Private Chapel at Windsor Castle.
Following the ceremony the couple released two gorgeous portraits from the special occasion, taken by royal photographer Chris Allerton and shared to the Sussexes' official Instagram account.
Keeping with tradition, young Archie wore the Honiton lace christening gown, a royal tradition which has been continued by the royal family since the birth of Queen Victoria's first child Princess Victoria in 1841. Archie wears a replica, after the original gown stopped being used in 2008, and at almost 180 years old, it's not surprising!
The original gown has seen the baptism of 62 royal babies, including five monarchs: the future Edward VII, George V, Edward VII, George VI and the Queen, as well as Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince Harry.
In celebration of Archie's special day we're taking a look back at some of the most iconic royal christenings throughout the years, from his father Prince Harry's to his great-grandmother the Queen's, almost 100 years ago!
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
7 / 0
8 / 0
9 / 0
10 / 0
11 / 0
- PetsCelebrities and their pets: Dominic Harvey and Sydney silkie Kanye
Woman's DayToday 4:35pm
- FamilyChristmas with Cordis Auckland: Four delicious ways to celebrate the festive season
Now To LoveToday 1:44pm
- FamilyTheir daughter's last words: Psychic's message to grieving parents
Woman's DayToday 8:35am
- CareerAnnie Whittle on her role in the heartwarming movie Bellbird
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:20am
- At homeI sold my house to live in a van and I've never been happier
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine surprised commuters when she caught public transport to her recent engagement
Now To LoveYesterday 4:15pm
- BodyKiwi parents' confusion about meningococcal disease prompts awareness campaign
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- RoyalsPrince Charles and Duchess Camilla begin their royal tour of New Zealand
Now To LoveYesterday 1:45pm
- TVBachelor Australia's Matt Agnew and Chelsie McLeod have broken up
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerMichelle Payne and her brother Stevie reflect on a life of tragedy to movie stardom
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 17, 2019
- Body7 healthy ways to break through a weight-loss plateau
Now To LoveNov 17, 2019