The Duke and Duchess of Sussex held their first child's royal christening on Saturday July 6th, in an intimate and private ceremony in the Queen's Private Chapel at Windsor Castle.
Following the ceremony the couple released two gorgeous portraits from the special occasion, taken by royal photographer Chris Allerton and shared to the Sussexes' official Instagram account.
Keeping with tradition, young Archie wore the Honiton lace christening gown, a royal tradition which has been continued by the royal family since the birth of Queen Victoria's first child Princess Victoria in 1841. Archie wears a replica, after the original gown stopped being used in 2008, and at almost 180 years old, it's not surprising!
The original gown has seen the baptism of 62 royal babies, including five monarchs: the future Edward VII, George V, Edward VII, George VI and the Queen, as well as Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince Harry.
In celebration of Archie's special day we're taking a look back at some of the most iconic royal christenings throughout the years, from his father Prince Harry's to his great-grandmother the Queen's, almost 100 years ago!
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
7 / 0
8 / 0
9 / 0
10 / 0
11 / 0
- BodyDr Libby on why we're overusing the word 'stressed' and how we should really be thinking about the term
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- Family50 years on from the Manson murders Debra Tate speaks out about her sister Sharon's murder
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- TVHow Athena Angelou went from homeless to radio star in just a few short years
Woman's DayToday 7:55am
- Diet & NutritionHow to ensure you're putting the most nutritious grocery options in your trolley
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerWhy Jennifer Aniston is looking to the future with a new focus
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe Block NZ favourites Ethan and Sam: 'We had a rough run but we stayed true to ourselves'
Woman's DayYesterday 7:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares more details about his upcoming mental health TV series with Oprah
Now To LoveSep 20, 2019
- CareerMy life is stranger than fiction says NZ Children's Book Awards winner Bren MacDibble
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 20, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ winners Lisa and Ribz reveal their post-show plans
Woman's DaySep 20, 2019
- MindWhy Shortland Street's Ana Scotney was forced to quit social media
Woman's DaySep 19, 2019
- CareerTech-savvy granny: Meet Val, a social media queen at 90
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 19, 2019
- CompetitionsWin one of five prize packs from Arnott’s worth $100
Good Health ChoicesSep 19, 2019