Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge have revealed the name of their newborn son: George Alexander Louis.
"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to announce that they have named their son George Alexander Louis. The baby will be known as His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge,"' Kensington Palace said in a statement.
The couple have kept with royal tradition by having a first name that has been used by six previous monarchs.
#More Royal news:
Kate and William looked happy and relaxed as they left the Lindo Wing.
Submit your photo and you could be published in our magazine!
The royal arrival.
'Both my wife and I are overjoyed at the arrival of my first grandchild'
Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge who welcomed a baby boy at 4.24pm London time.
Win a three month subscription to the Weekly!
The Duchess of Cambridge was admitted to hospital in the early stages of labour at 6am London time.
An historical perspective on the choice of royal baby names.
Tell us the perfect gift from NZ for the royal baby and be in to win one of five Thin Lizzy prize packs.
61 Comments Royals
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019