August 31st, 2018 marks 21 years since the tragic passing of Princess Diana.
The Princess of Wales was the embodiment of grace and kindness.
She'll forever be celebrated for her unwavering love for her two sons Prince William and Prince Harry.
Last year, the boys spoke of what Diana was like as a mother.
"She was our mum, she still is our mum you know and of course as a son I would say she is the best mum in the world," Harry confessed.
William confessed she'd have been a wonderful grandmother, joking, "She'd love the children to bits, but she'd be an absolute nightmare!"
So much more than a fashion icon, the 36-year-old was incredibly selfless and caring – something that shone through in her inspiring humanitarian work.
She was a woman who embraced her own ideal of what it meant to live life to its fullest, passing those values along to her sons, and in turn, her legacy burns bright in her grandchildren Prince George and Princess Charlotte.
In her short 36 years, the mother-of-two lived by her beliefs, focusing on giving back and spreading her positive energy.
As the People's Princess, she had the remarkable ability to inspire all the while helping others.
"Everyone needs to be valued. Everyone has the potential to give something back if only they had the chance," she once famously mused.
Scroll through to check out some of Diana's most incredible moments...
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
7 / 0
8 / 0
9 / 0
10 / 0
11 / 0
12 / 0
13 / 0
14 / 0
15 / 0
16 / 0
17 / 0
18 / 0
19 / 0
20 / 0
21 / 0
22 / 0
23 / 0
24 / 0
25 / 0
26 / 0
27 / 0
28 / 0
29 / 0
30 / 0
31 / 0
32 / 0
- RoyalsThe Royal Family's birthday message for Prince Andrew has been met with controversy
Now To LoveToday 4:25pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry have confirmed more details about their future
Now To LoveToday 10:15am
- Real LifeThe 2011 Christchurch earthquake struck the day after my birthday and changed my life forever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:27am
- CompetitionsWin a brilliant Banana Boat prize pack worth $100!
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:00am
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight bride Mishel Meshes gives Queenstown, New Zealand the big tick
Now To LoveYesterday 2:26pm
- RoyalsThe Queen tells Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan they must ditch their ‘Sussex Royal’ brand
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsPrincess Diana’s niece Lady Kitty Spencer is converting to Judaism for her fiancé
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2020
- CareerSt Matthew-in-the-City's first female vicar Reverend Dr Helen Jacobi lets us into her world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 18, 2020