It seems that even Hollywood royalty can be starstruck by actual royalty as well.
In her new book, Whiskey in a Teacup, Reese Witherspoon revealed that when she had the chance to meet Prince William and Duchess Catherine when they visited the US in 2011, she was a tad excited.
Reese was one of a select few invited to meet the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in 2011 at a fundraiser in LA. And when it came down to meeting the young royals, who were newlyweds at the time, Reese reacted in a very relatable way.
"The scream that issued from my lips upon receiving [the invitation] — you would have thought I was going to die," the Oscar winner penned.
"I wake up early, mind you, but on that day I was up at 4 a.m. doing my hair. That's early, even for me. 'I've never seen you this excited,' my husband said. He wasn't kidding."
Reese went on to say that when her husband, Jim Toth, took photos of her in the car en route to the event, and she admitted that you could see "rays of happiness" shooting out of her face.
"I love Kate Middleton that much. And she did not disappoint! She was just lovely and warm, elegant and composed.
"She also told a joke, and I immediately fell under her spell. She's just as magnificent as she seems to be. She's a very compassionate, socially conscious, deeply caring person."
The Legally Blonde star also praised the royal mother-of-three for her composure and strength as one of the most-watched women in the world.
"What's more, it takes a very special person to decide to commit to that kind of life, to choose to be under public scrutiny every moment.
"Now that she's in that position, her entire life is in service, forever. I am so in awe of that kind of dedication."
Duchess Catherine is set to return to her royal duties from maternity leave on October 2 and will visit the Sayers Croft Forest School and Wildlife Garden at Paddington Recreation Ground.
This will be the Duchess of Cambridge's first official royal engagement since giving birth to Prince Louis in April and it's safe to say, millions around the world are excited to see her again.
Let's hope Reese and Her Royal Highness have a reunion soon.
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayToday 8:15am
- RoyalsPrince William reminisces about his proposal to Duchess Catherine in a speech at Buckingham Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 2:55pm
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveYesterday 1:23pm
- RoyalsA royal reporter reveals the job Prince Harry once dreamed of before he met Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 11:55am
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveYesterday 11:04am
- Expert AdviceKids' back-to-school worries and how you can help to ease them
Now To LoveYesterday 9:08am
- FamilyCelebrated artist Dame Louise Henderson's lost paintings and her daughter's mission to track them down
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- CareerWhy Olivia Newton-John's damehood holds extra significance
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:50am
- TVBachelorette Lesina Nakhid-Schuster lets us in on her reasons for joining the show
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveJan 20, 2020
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 20, 2020
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesJan 20, 2020