They're still in the honeymoon phase, so it's not surprising that during their appearance at the Royal Foundation Forum late last month, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle couldn't keep their hands off each other.
But while their affectionate behaviour may be adorable to many, one person isn't so thrilled: Harry's grandmother!
Sources tell Woman's Day the Queen has warned Harry to tone down the public displays of affection with his bride-to-be and start acting more prim and proper like the other royals – for instance, Prince William and his wife, the Duchess of Cambridge.
An insider reveals, "Being affectionate just comes naturally to Harry and Meghan, but it's totally against royal protocol. The Queen isn't thrilled about it at all, and word is she summoned Harry to the palace to remind him what's expected of a royal. All the hand-holding just isn't the royal way at all."
Harry, 33, will marry the 36-year-old former Suits actress at St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle on May 19, and to prepare her for royal life, she's having etiquette and elocution lessons in the run-up to the big day.
"Meghan is such a warm person, but being a royal is very different to being a celebrity, and Meghan still has a lot to learn," says the insider.
But the down-to-earth star's tactile nature is a breath of fresh air for Harry – and he doesn't want her to change.
The LA native has become a hit with the British public, and has been compared to Harry's late mother Princess Diana, known as "the people's princess".
"Harry really loves that Meghan is so kind and open to everyone she meets, regardless of their status, and he doesn't want her to lose who she is when they get married," our source adds.
Still, Harry knows he and Meghan will have to tone things down a little from now on.
"Harry has so much respect for his grandmother," says the insider, "and while he doesn't see anything wrong with what they're doing in public, he certainly wouldn't want to be seen as disobeying her orders."
- RoyalsThe Royal Family's birthday message for Prince Andrew has been met with controversy
Now To LoveToday 4:25pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry have confirmed more details about their future
Now To LoveToday 10:15am
- Real LifeThe 2011 Christchurch earthquake struck the day after my birthday and changed my life forever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:27am
- CompetitionsWin a brilliant Banana Boat prize pack worth $100!
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:00am
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight bride Mishel Meshes gives Queenstown, New Zealand the big tick
Now To LoveYesterday 2:26pm
- RoyalsThe Queen tells Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan they must ditch their ‘Sussex Royal’ brand
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsPrincess Diana’s niece Lady Kitty Spencer is converting to Judaism for her fiancé
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2020
- CareerSt Matthew-in-the-City's first female vicar Reverend Dr Helen Jacobi lets us into her world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 18, 2020