Anne, The Princess Royal, and only daughter of Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh celebrated her 69th birthday on Thursday, August 15th, and as is the way of the 21st century, her family of course wished her a very happy birthday on social media.
First to give their birthday wishes were her parents, who shared a beautiful portrait to Instagram, shot by renowned photographer Annie Leibovitz of Princess Anne and her mother the Queen.
"🎈🎉Wishing The Princess Royal a Happy Birthday!" the caption begins.
"Born on this day in 1950, Her Royal Highness is the second child of Her Majesty and The Duke of Edinburgh."
Anne's younger brother Prince Andrew also took to Instagram, sharing a four-photo collage which showed images of the pair throughout the years.
From an adorable throwback photograph of Anne and a baby Andrew, to a recent photograph of the siblings at this years' Trooping the Colour.
"Wishing her Royal Highness The Princess Royal a very Happy Birthday!" Andrew wrote on Instagram.
And of course, her elder brother Charles, The Prince of Wales, also marked his sister's birthday on Instagram, sharing a heartwarming photograph of the two of them laughing, shot by royal photographer Chris Jackson.
"Wishing The Princess Royal a very Happy Birthday 🎉," Prince Charles wrote.
Royal fans were also quick to wish the royal a happy birthday, with one follower writing, "The most underrated member of the Royal family. Happy Birthday Princess Royal."
While another added: "Happy Birthday Princess Anne. A hard working royal with a great sense of humour.
"I really respect the way you brought up your two lovely children. 👏👏👏🎉🎊🌸"
Indeed, Princess Anne has been known to be one of the most dedicated royals, being the royal patron of more than 200 organisations.
According to Express, Princess Anne was crowned the hardest working royal of 2017, after she attended an extraordinary 455 official engagements in the UK along with an additional 85 overseas.
The following year the royal retained her title, carrying out 518 royal duties.
Princess Anne is married to Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Lawrence, with the couple last year celebrating their 25th anniversary.
The Princess Royal has two children, Zara Tindall and Peter Phillips, to her first husband Captain Mark Phillips, and four grandchildren, Savannah and Isla Phillips and Mia and Lena Tindall, who she was spotted with recently at the Festival of British Eventing.
Happy Birthday Princess Anne!
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine shares two powerful images to commemorate Holocaust Memorial Day
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- Relationships'It's a Bradaissance': Brad Pitt is back and the world couldn't be more excited
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:19am
- CareerThe Great Kiwi Bake-Off winner Trevor Hall's exciting new business venture
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- TVThe 10 most memorable entrances on The Bachelorette
Now To LoveYesterday 9:10pm
- FitnessRunning just once a week lowers your risk of early death - here's how to get started
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- CompetitionsBe in to win a seven day Wellness Retreat with Resolution Retreats!
- CareerMeet Christine Fernyhough - the intrepid Auckland housewife who took on a high country farm and won
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 26, 2020
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney dishes on her sizzling summer with her 'toyboy' Minou
Woman's DayJan 26, 2020
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveJan 24, 2020
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveJan 23, 2020