When she’s not attending charity or family events or supporting “Granny and Grandpa”, it turns out Princess Eugenie’s daily schedule looks remarkably similar to that of many other people in their late twenties.
Appearing in the September issue of Harper’s Bazaar, the 26-year-old opened up about what her typical day looked like, giving a detailed account of how she fills her hours from the time she wakes up, to the moment she nods off at night.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, the Princess of York revealed that her days typically revolved around a mix of ordinary activities such as working out, going to work, keeping in touch with loved ones and checking up on social media.
Early bird Eugenie said her day started at 6.45 AM, when she woke up and began catching up on personal emails before going out to the park to exercise from 7-8 AM.The royal also holds a membership at private women’s gym Grace Belgravia, which the [Daily Mail] reports costs a pricey £5,500 a year and also counts model Cara Delevingne as a member.
Phone time with mum Sarah Ferguson also featured prominently on the agenda for the morning, with Eugenie revealing, “My first conversation is often with my mum, saying, ‘Good morning, what are you doing today?’.”
The royal name-checked Zara and Topshop as two of her favoured fashion haunts and revealed she keeps active on Instagram with a private account. The down-to-earth Princess also revealed she often did her makeup in her car on the way to work.
Eugenie, who recently took up a job at art gallery Hauser & Wirth’s London office, said her work day began at 9 AM and involved her planning “special projects”, supporting artists and managing events.
“I’ve loved art since I was very little. I knew I definitely wouldn’t be a painter, but I knew this was the industry for me,” she told the magazine.
“I love being able to share my passion for art with people”.
Of course, when royal duties beckoned, Eugenie said the Hauser & Wirth team were “very accommodating and understanding”.
“My sister, Bea, and I have charities we’re patrons of. We also try to support Granny and Grandpa in any way we can because that is what family is for.”
Watch Prince Andrew wishing his daughter happy birthday over FaceTime in the video. Story continues below.
At home, the royal said she liked to cook dinner and watch TV, naming Outlanderand How to Get Away With Murder as some of her favourites and The Walking Dead as boyfriend Jack Brooksbank’s pick, before going to bed at midnight.
Eugenie also dished on the one thing she couldn’t live without – her family.
“That sounds cheesy, but I really can’t. Especially my mum. I wouldn’t be able to make tough decisions without her,” she revealed.
Eugenie also opened up about being born with scoliosis, touching briefly on the operation she had to correct the condition when she was 12.
“I have metal rods in my back keeping me straight … Those rods live with me permanently,” she added.
Watch Princess Eugenie talking about scoliosis in the video below.
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019