Weeks after Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank announced their engagement, the couple has officially revealed the date of their royal wedding! Eugenie's father, Prince Andrew, confirmed his daughter and Jack will tie the knot at Windsor Castle's St. George's Chapel on Friday, Oct. 12, 2018.
"The marriage of Her Royal Highness Princess Eugenie to Mr. Jack Brooksbank will take place on 12th Oct. 2018. As previously announced, the wedding will take place at St. George's Chapel, Windsor Castle," Andrew wrote in a statement published to his official Twitter account on Friday, Feb. 2.
"The Duke and Duchess of York are delighted to announce the engagement of Princess Eugenie to Mr. Jack Brooksbank," a statement posted to Instagram read. "Her Royal Highness and Mr. Brooksbank became engaged in Nicaragua earlier this month. The wedding will take place in the Autumn of 2018 at St George's Chapel in Windsor, with further details to be announced in due course."
Jack's parents, Nicola and George Brooksbank, also gushed about the happy moment. "We could not be more delighted with the news of the engagement," they said in a statement.
Hours later, the newly-engaged couple opened up about their romance in their first-ever joint interview.
To start, Eugenie recalled Jack's "incredible" proposal while the two were vacationing in Central America.
"The lake was so beautiful. The light was just a special light I had never seen. I actually said, 'This is an incredible moment,' and then he popped the question, which was really surprising even though we had been together seven years. It was the perfect moment because we knew it was going to end up this way. I was over the moon, crying," Eugenie gushed during their sit-down with the BBC.
During their romantic proposal, Jack presented his fiancée with a stunning, "lotus blossom" engagement ring.
"Eugenie's engagement ring features what appears to be an oval brilliant Padparadscha sapphire. This gorgeous gemstone — which is unique and rare due to its pinkish-orange color — is showcased in a mixed metal white and yellow gold setting with a distinctive vintage-inspired halo of pear and round brilliant diamonds," Kathryn Money, Vice President of Strategy and Merchandising at Brilliant Earth, exclusively told Closer Weekly.
"We estimate that the center gemstone is a 10x8mm (or approximately three-carat) oval brilliant Padparadscha sapphire, surrounded by pear and round diamonds of approximately two and a half to three carats total diamond carat weight," Money added. "Our estimated cost of the ring is approximately $30,000 to $50,000 USD, depending on the quality and specific characteristics of the gemstone."
We can't wait for Eugenie and Jack's October wedding!
Via Closer Weekly.
- CareerRenee Zellweger on the similarities between her life and Judy Garland's
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:35am
- CareerMike McRoberts on his former glory days on the rugby field
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- Married at First SightJules Robinson takes aim at some of the new MAFS Australia cast
Now To LoveYesterday 5:40pm
- Career'That pregnant runner' Alysia Montaño signs sponsorship deal with Kiwi company Cadenshae
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William have shared unseen footage of their royal tour of Pakistan
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry finally addresses rumours of a rift with Prince William
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- DestinationsFive must-do family-friendly walks from around the North Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45am
- RelationshipsA sex therapist shares her top tips on how to boost your sex life
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Body6 reasons why it's the perfect time to spring clean your health
Good Health ChoicesOct 20, 2019
- CareerHow Silver Fern Katrina Rore has found balance after a whirlwind and emotional year
Woman's DayOct 20, 2019
- MindShortland Street's Rebekah Palmer on life after loss and finding happiness in the small things
Good Health ChoicesOct 19, 2019
- MindBest-selling author Gwendoline Smith: the truth about depression
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 19, 2019