Lady Kitty Spencer, the niece of the late Diana, Princess of Wales, is reportedly converting to Judaism ahead of her marriage to millionaire fashion tycoon Michael Lewis.
According to The Times, friends of the couple, who became engaged in December last year, have revealed Lady Kitty has begun taking religious instruction in preparation for her marriage to the 61-year-old.
Taking an Orthodox conversion will require Lady Kitty to follow Jewish principles such as observing the Sabbath and following Jewish dietary laws and joining a synagogue.
Michael, who is chair of the Foschini Group, reportedly proposed to the 29-year-old during a trip to his hometown in South Africa. The couple is believed to have begun dating in August 2018.
With a 30 year age-gap between each other – Michael is five years older than Lady Kitty's father Earl Charles Spencer – this will be Michael's second marriage.
He has three children from his previous marriage.
Previously speaking about whether she would have children of her own, Lady Kitty told The Daily Mail she wasn't "in any rush" to start a family.
"I can see myself having children at some point," she said at the time.
"But I'm only in my 20s. I do have friends my age who are having children, and they are so, so, sweet, but I think everyone should do things in their own time."
The English model was previously in a four-year relationship with property magnate Niccolo Barattieri di San Pietro, 48, who she split with in 2017.
While no further details about Lady Kitty and Michael's wedding have been announced, it is believed they will marry in Michael's native South Africa, which also happens to be where Kitty was raised.
Kitty's cousins Prince William and Prince Harry are also likely to be on the guest-list.
Last year Lady Kitty sent the internet into a frenzy when she posted a throwback photo of herself on Instagram, with many remarking at the striking similarities between her and her cousin, Princess Charlotte.
More accurately four-year-old Charlotte's first cousin once removed, Kitty took to Instagram to share a picture of her riding a pony in 1992 and the comment section was inundated with followers commenting on how much Princess Charlotte looked like her – and we've got to agree!
Only time will tell if Princess Charlotte continues to look like Kitty as she grows up, and we can't wait to find out!
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020