She was renowned for her charity work and her impeccable sense of style, but through it all, Princess Diana cherished one role above all others - that of a mother to her two beloved boys, Prince William and Prince Harry.
While they were just 15 and 12 years old when Diana was tragically killed in a Paris car crash on August 31, 1997, the memory of her legacy has never left them.
Speaking to People last year about the impact his mother had on his life, Harry revealed: "All I want to do is make my mother incredibly proud. That's all I've ever wanted to do."
And while William has gone on to marry his long-time love, Kate Middleton, and have a family of his own now, the royal has also felt his mother's presence every step of the way.
"When it came to the wedding, I did really feel that she was there," he said in an interview that aired as part of the documentary Diana, Our Mother: Her Life and Legacy.
"You know, there was times when you look to someone or something for strength and I very much felt she was there for me."
With both William and Harry opening up more than ever before about their mother and their memories of her, it's clear the People's Princess has forged a lasting legacy that will continue to burn bright in her sons.
We take a look back at Princess Diana's sweetest moments with her sons in the gallery below.
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
7 / 0
8 / 0
9 / 0
10 / 0
11 / 0
12 / 0
13 / 0
14 / 0
15 / 0
16 / 0
17 / 0
18 / 0
19 / 0
20 / 0
21 / 0
22 / 0
23 / 0
24 / 0
25 / 0
26 / 0
27 / 0
28 / 0
29 / 0
30 / 0
31 / 0
32 / 0
- TVChelsea Winter's former husband Michael Bullot up about kids and marriage
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- FamilyArt and Matilda Green open up about becoming parents and why they're keeping it real on social media
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- MindDo you have FOBO? Why the fear of better options could be fuel for anxiety
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- FamilyA mum's worst nightmare: 'I saw my son floating lifeless'
Woman's DayYesterday 10:00am
- RelationshipsHow I broke free from my emotionally abusive relationship
- MindDiane Keaton opens up about her heartache over her brother's mental health struggles in new book
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 21, 2020
- RoyalsThe Royal Family's birthday message to Prince Andrew has been met with controversy
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2020
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry have confirmed more details about their future
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2020
- Real LifeThe 2011 Christchurch earthquake struck the day after my birthday and changed my life forever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 20, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a brilliant Banana Boat prize pack worth $100!
Good Health ChoicesFeb 20, 2020