The two sisters are known to be incredibly close, but that doesn't mean the two York sisters are the same, with close friends of newly engaged Princess Beatrice revealing she's planning to do things very differently to her younger sister Princess Eugenie when she weds Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi next year.
According to The Daily Mail the 31-year-old, who announced her engagement to Edoardo, 36, in late September, will be shunning a royal procession and carriage ride for her big day and is even considering forgoing a wedding reception at Windsor Castle.
While her younger sister enjoyed a lavish ceremony at St George's Chapel at Windsor and three celebratory parties for her wedding to Jack Brooksbank a year ago, Beatrice is considering a smaller venue where the celebrations will be more private and casual when she weds her property investor fiancé.
A close friend told The Daily Mail that Beatrice also hoped that the lack of pomp won't rub Edoardo's ex-fiancée, Dara Huang's, nose in the occasion too much, as it was revealed Dara has been invited to the wedding along with her and Edoardo's two-year-old son Wolfie, who will act as his father's best man.
"Beatrice has said she and Edo are looking for alternative venues because she wants something different," a close friend told The Daily Mail's Charlotte Griffiths.
"The wedding will not be in Italy and from what they are saying it won't be in St George's Chapel, Windsor, either.
Adding, "There have been three big royal wedding there in the past year or so and I'm not sure that's what Bea wants.
"Edo has a child, there's the situation with his ex, and Beatrice might just feel something more low-key might be more fitting."
It seems it's no surprise that Beatrice is opting for something less extravagant than her younger sister, with a source telling People recently that while the two sisters are "super close", they are also "very different".
"Beatrice is more serious and Eugenie is the outgoing extrovert, she's so bubbly and fun," the source reveals.
"Beatrice is more reserved and discreet. She holds back more, she is very polite, very well-educated but more formal and quiet in her personality, so I think it will be a very different wedding to Eugenie's."
Last week Sarah, Duchess of York quashed rumours that Bea and Edo would be tying the knot in Italy, telling the Press Association at the British Film Institute Luminous Gala that "it can only be Britain."
While no date has been set yet, it is confirmed the wedding will take place sometime next year.
Just this weekend Princess Eugenie celebrated her one-year wedding anniversary to Jack Brooksbank and shared a never-before-seen video to mark the happy occasion.
"This was the greatest day of my life… forever and always," Eugenie captioned the video on Instagram.
"Happy one year anniversary, my Jack!!"
- RelationshipsWhy women in their forties love Keanu Reeves and Alexandra Grant
Now To LoveToday 12:26pm
- WeddingsThe songs Kiwi celebrities walked down the aisle to
Now To LoveToday 8:35am
- FamilyThe best home and baby products for new and expectant parents
Now To LoveToday 8:20am
- MindListening to Adele in the car can help reduce stress a new study has found
Now To LoveYesterday 2:45pm
- RoyalsPrince Charles celebrates his birthday with an unexpected pop star and launches a clothing collection
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Career'I always wanted to work with animals': A day in the life of a border control customs officer
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- BodyI survived breast cancer: Greg Sargeaunt is one of 25 Kiwi men diagnosed with breast cancer every year
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:10am
- TVJohn Campbell gets objectified by Matty McLean on Breakfast and loves it
Now To LoveYesterday 8:56am
- RoyalsThe Palace announces the Sussexes will not join the royal family for Christmas at Sandringham
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- CareerRachel Hunter on being single, her love affair with India and why she never feels alone
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 13, 2019
- Pregnancy & BirthHilaria Baldwin begins her journey of healing after miscarrying fifth child
Now To LoveNov 13, 2019
- PetsCelebrities and their pets: Shortland Street's Ria Vandervis and princess pooch Maeby
Woman's DayNov 13, 2019
- SkincareGemma McCaw's 4 natural beauty treatments you can make at home yourself
Now To LoveNov 13, 2019