After 10 years together, Princess Beatrice of York and her boyfriend of 10 years, Dave Clark, have decided to split.
Insiders confirmed the sad news to Hello magazine, reporting the pair took a break from their relationship a month ago after “make or break” discussions on their future together.
The pair had reportedly not been able to reach an agreement on whether or not they should get married, and the relationship broke down.
The news is said to have “completely shocked” Beatrice’s parents, Prince Andrew and Sarah Duchess of York, not to mention her sister Princess Eugenie.
“They broke up a month ago. It was all very mutual and amicable," a source close to the family revealed.
“After ten years together, they needed to work out what they both wanted and have some space.”
Adding, "It could be that once they have had some time apart, they might decide to get back together.”
When you see how happy Beatrice and Dave were in the clip below, it's hard to believe they're not together anymore. Post continues.
According to reports, the pressure was starting to mount on Dave to propose after the birth of Princess Charlotte pushed Beatrice back to seventh in line to the throne, which meant she no longer had to ask Queen Elizabeth’s permission to marry.
The Duchess of York is said to be heartbroken for her daughter.
Fergie is also particularly upset with the news, as she had considered Dave to be “part of the family”.
"Sarah is particularly sad it didn’t work out,” another source said.
"They have been together longer than most marriages last."
The 27-year-old princess has been very accommodating and supportive of her now ex-boyfriend, having travelled to live with him in the US.
Prince William originally introduced the pair at a birthday party back in 2006.
Watch Princess Beatrice share a special moment with her mum Fergie below.
This story originally appeared on Woman's Day Australia
- TVSam Wallace and Eric Murray bare all on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- RoyalsRevealed: Where Duchess Meghan found inspiration for her royal wedding makeup look
Now To LoveToday 10:30am
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am