Princess Beatrice is pregnant with her first child, Buckingham Palace has confirmed.
The 32-year-old and her husband, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, married in the thick of the UK's first lockdown in 2020, and their new chapter of parenthood marks an exciting milestone for the couple.
The joyful news was shared via an official statement from the Palace, which read: "Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrice and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are very pleased to announce that they are expecting a baby in autumn of this year."
"The Queen has been informed and both families are delighted with the news."
The news was reshared via the Palace's official Instagram account, alongside one of the beautiful images from the pair's 2020 wedding.
This marks an exciting new chapter for the pair. Beatrice is also a step-mum to Edo's first son, Wolfie, whom he shares with his previous wife.
The royal has previously spoken about becoming a parent-figure to Wolfie, telling the Evening Standard: "This year, I had the great honour to become a stepmother, and have had the most remarkable time going back over some of my most favourite stories at bedtime."
The news is also a happy reprieve for The Queen and her children after a difficult few months following the death of Prince Philip in April.
The family gathered for the funeral of the 99-year-old Duke, with the sombre scenes reaching all corners of the world.
Beatrice and Edo's baby will have a keen cousin ready and waiting for a playmate on its arrival.
The younger sister of Beatrice, Princess Eugenie gave birth in February this year to a little boy named August.
No doubt the family, including Beatrice's parents Sarah Ferguson and Prince Andrew, are over the moon with the news.
A big congratulations to the soon-to-be parents!
- Real LifeKiwi Mum's adventure: From America's Cup to Africa's Hero!
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Food & DrinksIf you love Scandi-style interiors then this latest kitchen trend is for you
Now To LoveJun 22, 2021
- TVThe Apprentice NZ's Kennedy Anderson: 'I was fired from my own company!'
Woman's DayJun 17, 2021
- Celebrity NewsMark Richardson on turning 50 and making his mark on the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 13, 2021
- TVDrag Race Down Under’s Elektra Shock: From homeless to healed
Woman's DayJun 12, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSuzanne Paul's forever glow and the lessons she's learned
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 05, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's transformation: Jules from MAFS changed my life!'
Woman's DayJun 04, 2021
- At homeHow to create a kids room that will last through the ages
Now To LoveJun 03, 2021