Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are set to wed next year after announcing the exciting news of their engagement last week, but Beatrice will become more than a wife when she gets married – she'll become a stepmother too!
Edoardo, those close to him affectionately call him 'Edo', shares a young son Christopher with his former partner Dara Huang, an architect and designer.
According to People, Edo and Dara have joint custody of their two-year-old son, and with Dara working between London and Hong Kong, Christopher, nicknamed Wolfie, stays with Edo when his mother's away, which means Beatrice has already gotten a chance to get to know him, a source reveals to the publication.
"Edo is easily one of the best dads," a source tells People.
"He is so involved, he is so committed to this little boy, and Beatrice is already showing that she's a fantastic step-mummy already."
Adding, "They've been on family vacations together already. They are really happy, there's no better person they could have for a step-mummy."
Following the announcement that Beatrice and Edo were engaged, Dara released a statement expressing her best wishes.
"I wish the best for Edo and Beatrice and look forward to uniting our families," she said.
"[Dara and Edo] are a unit, a really good unit together," adds the close source.
"Everyone is really happy, they are really supportive. He's an awesome father, period, end of story!"
Beatrice will be the first of her generation of royals to become a step-mother and according to sources is looking forward to having children of her own in the near future.
Buckingham Palace announced the happy news last week that Princess Beatrice, 31, who is currently ninth-in-line for the throne, had become engaged to 36-year-old Edo during a trip to Italy in September.
In a joint statement, the couple said they were extremely happy to be able to share the news, adding: "We are both so excited to be embarking on this life adventure together and can't wait to be married.
"We share so many similar interests and values and we know this will stand us in great stead for the years ahead, full of love and happiness."
Beatrice's proud parents The Duke and Duchess of York both shared their delight on their respective social media accounts, sharing images of the happy moment taken by their youngest daughter Princess Beatrice, and official engagement photos taken by Misan Harriman at Royal Lodge.
Beatrice and Edoardo reportedly began dating toward the end of 2018, after having known each other for years.
Edoardo is the son of former Olympic skier Count Alessandro Mapelli Mozzi and Nikki Shale – his stepfather is Christopher Shale who tragically died in 2011.
According to Town & Country magazine, Edoardo is a property developer who founded the real estate firm Banda in 2007.
- CareerRenee Zellweger on the similarities between her life and Judy Garland's
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:35am
- CareerMike McRoberts on his former glory days on the rugby field
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- Married at First SightJules Robinson takes aim at some of the new MAFS Australia cast
Now To LoveYesterday 5:40pm
- Career'That pregnant runner' Alysia Montaño signs sponsorship deal with Kiwi company Cadenshae
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William have shared unseen footage of their royal tour of Pakistan
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry finally addresses rumours of a rift with Prince William
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- DestinationsFive must-do family-friendly walks from around the North Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45am
- RelationshipsA sex therapist shares her top tips on how to boost your sex life
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Body6 reasons why it's the perfect time to spring clean your health
Good Health ChoicesOct 20, 2019
- CareerHow Silver Fern Katrina Rore has found balance after a whirlwind and emotional year
Woman's DayOct 20, 2019
- MindShortland Street's Rebekah Palmer on life after loss and finding happiness in the small things
Good Health ChoicesOct 19, 2019
- MindBest-selling author Gwendoline Smith: the truth about depression
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 19, 2019
- CareerRachel Hunter's spiritual awakening: Sexy, single, soulful and fabulous at 50
Woman's DayOct 19, 2019