Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are set to wed next year after announcing the exciting news of their engagement last week, but Beatrice will become more than a wife when she gets married – she'll become a stepmother too!
Edoardo, those close to him affectionately call him 'Edo', shares a young son Christopher with his former partner Dara Huang, an architect and designer.
According to People, Edo and Dara have joint custody of their two-year-old son, and with Dara working between London and Hong Kong, Christopher, nicknamed Wolfie, stays with Edo when his mother's away, which means Beatrice has already gotten a chance to get to know him, a source reveals to the publication.
"Edo is easily one of the best dads," a source tells People.
"He is so involved, he is so committed to this little boy, and Beatrice is already showing that she's a fantastic step-mummy already."
Adding, "They've been on family vacations together already. They are really happy, there's no better person they could have for a step-mummy."
Following the announcement that Beatrice and Edo were engaged, Dara released a statement expressing her best wishes.
"I wish the best for Edo and Beatrice and look forward to uniting our families," she said.
"[Dara and Edo] are a unit, a really good unit together," adds the close source.
"Everyone is really happy, they are really supportive. He's an awesome father, period, end of story!"
Beatrice will be the first of her generation of royals to become a step-mother and according to sources is looking forward to having children of her own in the near future.
Buckingham Palace announced the happy news last week that Princess Beatrice, 31, who is currently ninth-in-line for the throne, had become engaged to 36-year-old Edo during a trip to Italy in September.
In a joint statement, the couple said they were extremely happy to be able to share the news, adding: "We are both so excited to be embarking on this life adventure together and can't wait to be married.
"We share so many similar interests and values and we know this will stand us in great stead for the years ahead, full of love and happiness."
Beatrice's proud parents The Duke and Duchess of York both shared their delight on their respective social media accounts, sharing images of the happy moment taken by their youngest daughter Princess Beatrice, and official engagement photos taken by Misan Harriman at Royal Lodge.
Beatrice and Edoardo reportedly began dating toward the end of 2018, after having known each other for years.
Edoardo is the son of former Olympic skier Count Alessandro Mapelli Mozzi and Nikki Shale – his stepfather is Christopher Shale who tragically died in 2011.
According to Town & Country magazine, Edoardo is a property developer who founded the real estate firm Banda in 2007.
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveToday 11:18am
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen confirms the Sussexes will no longer use their HRH titles in an update on their royal exit
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- MindParalympian Sophie Pascoe opens up about her two-year private battle and why she tries to stay real on social media
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:57am
- Body8 Kiwi stars reveal their health, fitness and wellbeing goals for 2020
Good Health ChoicesJan 18, 2020
- MindHow to live a life less rushed: savouring the good times
NEXTJan 18, 2020
- CareerBrendan Cole's new X-Factor Celebrity gig and why he's happy to have the tables turned
Woman's DayJan 18, 2020
- CompetitionsWin $200 worth of back to school gift cards with Woman's Day
Now To LoveJan 17, 2020
- WeddingsSevens star Stacey Waaka's heavenly Waikato wedding
Woman's DayJan 17, 2020
- RoyalsThe cute moment Prince William mistakes a photo of himself for Princess Charlotte
Now To LoveJan 16, 2020
- Pregnancy & BirthMeet Jessica Mutch-McKay's sweet little bundle of joy Margaux
Woman's DayJan 16, 2020
- CompetitionsWin an amazing Dr. Hauschka pamper pack worth $530
Good Health ChoicesJan 16, 2020