Getting the kids involved in sport is a pretty common thing for parents, and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are no different.
Prince William and Duchess Catherine attended the Wimbledon Men's Finals (looking as loved-up as ever) to watch tennis superstars Novak Djokovic and Kevin Anderson battle it out. But after meeting with Djokovic following his big win, the second-in-line to the throne made it clear he was trying to get his two eldest children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte, involved in tennis.
When the tennis champ asked the couple, "How are your children?" Catherine replied, "Yeah, very well," and her husband added "Very well thanks, very well. Trying to get a tennis racket in their hand – and a football!"
The Cambridge clan are a famously sporty family, so we have no doubt George, Charlotte and Louis will follow in their parents' footsteps. And seeing as Prince William is the president of the Football Association (FA) and Duchess Catherine took over from The Queen and is now patron of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, they have some good connections.
The Duchess of Cambridge has previously revealed that her two eldest children are already having lessons, though she told retired player Greg Rusedski at last year's Wimbledon, "[George has] got a racket and he enjoys playing tennis." However, seeing as he's still pretty young, he just "wants to whack a ball."
Princess Charlotte has also been having tennis lessons at London's exclusive Hurlingham Club and according to a source for The Sun, the little princess "is a natural."
We may be seeing these two on Centre Court in a few years' time!
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayToday 11:39am
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveToday 11:39am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Food & DrinksCassidy in the Kitchen: Bravo NZ host Cassidy Morris's easy peanut butter cups
Now To LoveToday 8:47am
- RelationshipsDWTS judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup's romantic Queenstown escape with her husband
Woman's DayToday 8:35am
- MindWestside's Antonia Prebble talks motherhood, career and how she nurtures her mind, body and soul
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- BodyHow to best take care of your skin in cold winter weather
Now To LoveToday 7:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe intrepid Kiwi couple in their sixties who trekked 700km across Jordan
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FitnessFeeling sore after you workout? Try adding these 6 steps to your exercise routine
Good Health ChoicesJun 22, 2019
- CareerKanoa Lloyd on what compels her to speak up for others
NEXTJun 22, 2019
- FamilyClarke Gayford reveals Neve received a birthday present from Prince William!
Now To LoveJun 21, 2019