While royal fans delighted over the adorable photos and footage shared of the Camrobdge family visiting the Chelsea Flower Show this week, there was one moment that went unnoticed – until now.
Some eagle-eyed, or rather, eagle-eared fans are convinced Prince William accidentally revealed a very adorable nickname he has for four-year-old Princess Charlotte.
In a video shared to the Kensington Palace Instagram page, Prince William asks Prince George, 5, how he'd score the garden out of ten, there's a brief moment at the end of the clip where the Duke of Cambridge is having a go on the rope swing and calls out to Princess Charlotte, with fans convinced he calls her "mignonette".
Mignonette is a French word, derived from the word 'mignon', or its feminine version, 'mignonne' which means 'cute' and if it really is what he calls her that's pretty, well… cute.
While it definitely sounds like that could indeed be what Prince William says, others have suggested he just asked her "been on here yet?" in reference to the swing.
She replies, "yeah", but when her dad asks her to give him a push, she wasn't having it, running off to explore the rest of the garden instead.
What do you hear? Watch the adorable moment above.
The royals are known for having some very adorable nicknames for themselves, and each other.
Earlier this year, during a stroll in the park with his grandmother, Carole Middleton, Prince George revealed to a passer-by that his nickname for himself was Archie, which had our heads spinning when that was the name Prince Harry and Meghan chose for Baby Sussex earlier this month. We wonder if he was the inspiration!
Prince George also has some equally adorable nicknames for other members of his family, calling Prince Charles 'Grandpa Wales', while his great grandmother The Queen is lovingly called 'Gan Gan'.
But it doesn't just stop at Prince George, with it being revealed last year that 'Grandpa Wales' even has a nickname for his daughter-in-law Duchess Meghan or as he calls her, 'Tungsten' – because she's "tough and unbending just like the very strong metal," a source revealed.
Prince William and Duchess Catherine rarely indulge in public displays of affection, but on occasion have been heard to call each other 'Darling', while Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan refer to each other simply as 'Meg' and 'Haz'.
It's long been known that Prince Philip has a comprehensive list of nicknames for The Queen, which include 'Cabbage', 'Darling' and 'Lilibet', while the late Princess Diana used to call William 'wombat' and Harry 'Ginger', when they were young.
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveToday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayToday 7:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share the details on their wedding dresses
Woman's DayYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe one thing Jodie Rimmer did on Celebrity Treasure Island that her children made her apologise for
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- At homeThe sensitive skin laundry hack that makes your clothes soft and speeds up drying time
Now To LoveYesterday 8:24am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DayYesterday 8:21am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan shares an adorable unseen photo from Archie’s christening for Prince Harry’s birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a $500 Countdown voucher to launch your Disney Word tile collection
Woman's DaySep 15, 2019
- BodyDWTS winner Loryn Reynolds' sister can finally dance again after losing a whopping 70kg
Woman's DaySep 14, 2019