Prince William and wife Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, are pregnant with their third child, Kensington Palace has confirmed.
The Queen and members of both families are said to be delighted with the news, as reported in Woman's Day this week, that four-year-old Prince George and two-year-old Princess Charlotte will be getting a new sibling.
As with her two previous pregnancies, the Duchess (35) is suffering from an extreme form of morning sickness - hyperemesis gravidarum - and has cancelled a planned royal engagement.
"The Duchess is being cared for at Kensington Palace," a spokesperson for the Royals said in a statement.
Prince Harry, who was on a royal visit to Manchester when the palace confirmed the pregnancy, said the news was "fantastic" and he was "very, very happy" for his brother and sister-in-law.
The Duchess joined Prince William and Prince Harry last week to visit Princess Diana's memorial ahead of the 20th anniversary of her death.
Prince William and Duchess Catherine are delighted to be having three children.
Kate herself is one of three kids and has often spoken of the joys of having loving siblings around.
Despite their royal status, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are determined to give their growing family the most normal upbringing possible.
"We hope to encourage George and Charlotte to speak about their feelings, and to give them the tools and sensitivity to be supportive peers to their friends as they get older. We know there is no shame in a young child struggling with their emotions or suffering from a mental illness," Catherine has previously said of her approach to parenting.
“Stability at home is so important to me. I want to bring up my children in a happy, stable, secure world, and that is so important to both of us as parents," William explained to GQ earlier in the year.
“I want George to grow up in a real, living environment. I don’t want him growing up behind palace walls, he has to be out there.”
The new child will become the fifth in line to the throne behind Prince Charles, Prince William, Prince George and Princess Charlotte.
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019