They're meant to be! According to the Archbishop of Canterbury, newly-engaged couple Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have shown a "profound sense of commitment" to each other throughout their relationship.
During a new interview, Most Revd and Rt Hon Justin Welby applauded Harry, 33, and Meghan, 36, for choosing to marry in the Church of England for more than just following royal wedding tradition.
"I am very, very sure after conversations that this is no tick-box exercise of 'We ought to get married in the church,'" he said on BBC Radio Four's Today program on Tuesday, Dec. 12. "There is a profound sense of commitment, of seriousness both about faith and about their lives together which is quite inspirational."
Though the Archbishop of Canterbury is widely believed to be the one who will marry Meghan and Harry at St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle, he confirmed that he's not yet been officially asked to take the gig.
"I think that's up to them," he said, adding he's sure the celebration will be a "beautiful moment."
Welby continued, "Of course, it's important because people will look at it and they'll see a model of how two people commit their lives to one another before God, in the presence of millions of people. That's going to be wonderful, it's always a beautiful moment. Every wedding is profoundly beautiful."
We can't wait to see Harry and Meghan get hitched in a few months!
Via Closer Weekly
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020