Seeing your first child off to school is a special day for any parent, and yesterday, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were both there to see two-year-old Prince George take his first steps into the classroom.
The royal tot is enrolled at a local Montessori nursery called Westacre, which is located near the family’s home of Anmer Hall in Norfolk.
The Montessori style of education was developed by Italian physician Maria Montessori and is based on accommodating a child's natural physical, social and psychological development. Both William and Catherine attended Montessori schools as children.
The proud parents dropped their adorable son off at the school gates, and the Duchess - who has also snapped official photos of her daughter, Princess Charlotte - made sure to commemorate the big day with her camera in two photos that have been released to the public.
Dressed warmly in a navy quilted jacket and a light blue backpack, George looked ready to tackle his newest challenge. He is believed to have spent just a couple of hours at the school in order to help him transition more easily into the lessons.
“It all went well,” a source told The Daily Mail of the big day.
Earlier this week, William spoke about how the experience of fatherhood had changed his outlook on life, leaving him "more emotional" – and this latest milestone is sure to be another one for the record books!
Watch: Prince William's first day at kindergarten
- Body4 reasons why a visit to this hidden oasis will have you feeling summer-ready
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson zooms around an airport on a motorised suitcase in a hilarious new video
Now To LoveToday 12:15pm
- RoyalsIs Duchess Catherine getting her own television show?
Now To LoveToday 10:05am
- CareerKeeping Up With The Kaimanawas horse whisperer Kelly Wilson on the stallion that changed her life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:36am
- Career'You just have to be yourself': Ingrid Hipkiss on taking over from Samantha Hayes on the 6pm news
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:25am
- WeddingsZac Franich and Erin Simpson's magical wedding day
Woman's DayToday 9:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan steps out in $50,000 ruby earrings by Kiwi designer Jessica McCormack
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Matilda and Art Green: 'Baby Milo is our dream come true'
Woman's DayYesterday 10:55am
- RoyalsPlastic surgery clinic slammed for misusing Kate Middleton's face to promote face lift
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine wore this special brooch on Remembrance Sunday for a very touching reason
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a set of pearls thanks to Michael Hill Jewellers
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- RelationshipsWestside actress Jessica Grace Smith's romantic beachside proposal
Woman's DayNov 10, 2019
- MindWhy saying 'yes' to stress can actually benefit us
Good Health ChoicesNov 09, 2019
- BodyRenee Wright: Why I'm prioritising my health this summer
NEXTNov 09, 2019
- RoyalsPrince Charles shakes hands with trees after he plants them to 'wish them well'
Now To LoveNov 08, 2019