On Monday July 22nd Prince George celebrated his sixth birthday, and as is expected, birthday wishes rolled in from royal fans and members of the royal family alike.
As has become a tradition Kensington Palace released three gorgeous portraits of the future King taken by the Duchess of Cambridge to mark the special occasion.
Commenting on one of the three portraits shared to the Kensington Palace Instagram account, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex left a sweet message for their nephew: "Happy Birthday 🎂🎈!
"Wishing you a very special day and lots of love!," the sweet message reads.
The Queen's official Instagram page also shared the three gorgeous portraits of Prince George with the following birthday message: "Happy Birthday to Prince George who is six years old today," the message begins, adding a birthday cake emoji to the end of the sentence.
"To honour the occasion The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have shared three new photographs of the Prince.
"The photographs were taken by The Duchess of Cambridge, two of which were taken in the garden at Kensington Palace and another whilst on holiday."
Clarence House, the official Instagram account for George's grandfather Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla, also shared the three portraits to their social media account, while Prince George's great uncle, Prince Andrew also dedicated a post to the six-year-old, sharing a cute snap of Prince George at the wedding of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank last year.
Dressed in his pageboy outfit, young George grins at the camera as he sits beside his younger sister and behind his two cousins Savannah Phillips, the eldest daughter of Peter and Autumn Phillips, and Mia Tindall, the eldest daughter of Zara and Mike Tindall.
And in an adorable birthday post by the British Army's Twitter account, we were also treated to a never-before-seen photo of Prince William with his three children, and it looks as if Princess Charlotte has found a new friend.
The photo, taken at the royal charity polo match earlier this month, shows British soldiers posing with Prince William, George, Charlotte and Louis and the furry mascot of the 1st Battalion Irish Guards, Domhnall the Irish wolfhound.
In it, Princess Charlotte can be seen staring lovingly at Domhnall as she clutches a fluffy unicorn purse – it's clear she loves her animals!
The three photographs, taken by Duchess Kate show Prince George playfully grinning at the camera and in two of them he sports the England football jersey, much to the approval of the team.
Commenting on one of the images of the Prince the England football club wrote: "Happy birthday, Prince George!
"Great choice of shirt," followed by a grinning face emoji and the flag of England.
Kensington Palace then replied with three lion emojis – which is the team's mascot.
The Cambridge family are currently enjoying the summer holidays, with The Sun reporting the family-of-five have jetted off to the Caribbean island of Mustique for the break, a destination the family have travelled to numerous times before.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are not expected to make any public appearances until September as they enjoy the summer with their family, making just the one exception to attend the inaugural King's Cup sailing regatta on August 9th on the Isle of Wight.
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveToday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveToday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveToday 9:48am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- Destinations CitiesTranquil Tahiti: Where the tastes of France, Polynesia and China meet
- CareerHow Kiwi women are using technology to fit their work around their lifestyles
- CareerPlaying his idol in a new miniseries: Mosese Veaila's real-life connection to Jonah Lomu
Woman's DayYesterday 9:55am
- BodyLily McManus' secret battle: Why she hid her hearing loss
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerMeryl Streep on turning 70, her greatest loss and why she's grateful to Jane Fonda
The Australian Women's WeeklyAug 17, 2019
- RoyalsSuits just made a cute reference to Duchess Meghan’s new life as a royal
Now To LoveAug 16, 2019
- RoyalsThe royal family celebrate Princess Anne's 69th birthday
Now To LoveAug 16, 2019
- CareerMeet new Zealand's fastest under-21 female drag racer
Woman's DayAug 16, 2019