Charles, The Prince of Wales will be jetting off on a whirlwind two-day trip to Japan to attend the ceremony of enthronement of Emperor Naruhito in October.
The announcement made by Clarence House explains the future King will visit Japan on behalf of The Queen from October 22nd to the 23rd which will include a day of engagements in the capital of Tokyo to celebrate the British-Japanese connection.
Prince Charles has been to Japan four times before, he last visited in 2008 with the Duchess of Cornwall, however this time he will travel solo for the ceremony.
In November 1990 he attended the ceremony of enthronement of Emperor Akihito, Emperor Naruhito's father, with Princess Diana at the Imperial Palace followed by a garden party the following day.
Emperor Naruhito, 59, ascended the Chrysanthemum Throne following his father's abdication in May due to health reasons – Japan's first abdication in 200 years.
According to People, the enthronement ceremony, which will see Naruhito sit briefly on a tatami throne inside the 20-foot high Takamikura pavilion, will be attended by 2,500 guests from Japan and abroad, including foreign delegates and royalty.
Emperor Naruhito is married to Empress Masako and together they have one daughter, Princess Aiko. Because Japan currently does not allow women to ascend the throne, the second-in-line for the Japanese throne is Emperor Naruhito's younger brother, Prince Fumihito.
Last month it was announced Charles and Duchess Camilla would pay a visit to our shores this November, marking exactly four years since the royal couple last visited New Zealand in 2015.
However Charles and Camilla aren't the only senior royals undertaking overseas engagements in the coming months, with both the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex also due to undertake international royal tours in the British autumn.
In late June it was announced Harry and Meghan would be undertaking a royal tour of southern Africa, which will include visiting the countries of South Africa, Malawi, Angola and Botswana.
In the announcement post made to Instagram, it was explained that "this would be their first official tour as a family," making it abundantly clear that little Archie would be coming along for the trip too!
Just a week later Kensington Palace also announced some equally exciting news that William and Kate would also be undertaking their own international tour to the south Asian country of Pakistan, at the request of the Foreign Commonwealth Office.
The tour will mark the couple's first visit to the country, having visited its neighbouring country India, in 2016.
The royals sure have a few exciting and busy months ahead!
- SkincareThe surprising benefits of caffeine for your skin and body
Now To LoveToday 12:15pm
- BodyPerimenopause: the 'change before the change' explained
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- Royals25 of the best royal Christmas cards over the years
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- FamilyIdeas for gifts that your kids can make for others this Christmas
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:16am
- Real LifeI love Christmas so much I've converted our barn into a Christmas wonderland
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:06am
- FamilyOur favourite Kiwi celebs share some of their favourite Christmas traditions
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:46am
- Pregnancy & Birth'She's the real miracle': New dad's tribute to wife after she gives birth goes viral
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeEverything you need to know about living a 'low-tox' life in 2020
- At homeEntertaining with ease thanks to the latest tech products
Now To LoveYesterday 11:50am
- RoyalsTake a look back at Queen Elizabeth’s first televised Christmas message 62 years ago
Now To LoveYesterday 11:30am
- MindZac Guildford's candid confession about his battle with drugs and depression
Woman's DayYesterday 9:50am
- SkincareAcne and exfoliating: does it make your skin worse?
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- RoyalsThe impact of having Sussex Royal follow you on Instagram
Now To LoveDec 10, 2019
- MakeupDo eyebrows grow back? How to regrow over plucked brows
Now To LoveDec 10, 2019